Problem with texting

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by MrsDebbi, Oct 11, 2011.

1. MrsDebbi

MrsDebbi New Member

Everytime I receive a text from one particular person, it appears as if it is being received from a group of several people. If I reply back to that person it sends it to all the phone numbers it THINKS is part of the group text.

I have uninstall all applications that have anything to do with contacts, texting, chat etc.

I have deleted all of the people from my contacts.

Yet I get this 1 person showing up as a group message. None of the other people listed within the group, when a text message is received from them their messages show up individually far as part of the group.

Please help me

Sent from my Droid
  2. metalspring

metalspring New Member

did you try wiping data for the messaging app? settings> applications>manage applications>all
  3. MrsDebbi

MrsDebbi New Member

I did as you suggested. No luck. They still come in that way.

Sent from my Droid
  4. redoregon

redoregon Member

Does this person have special characters in their username, like a comma or other punctuation?
  5. MrsDebbi

MrsDebbi New Member

Restored from backup, then reinstalled. Fixed it.

Sent from my Droid
  6. lemmony

lemmony New Member

are you sure it is a problem with your phone? It could be that the person you are talking about is sending texts to multiple people at ounce(forward texting).. if that is the case and you are replying directly to a text that was a forwarded text to multiple recipients. your reply will also go to the multiple recipients on the original list as the person who sent the first text. If that is the case the only way around it is to go into your contacts and find the person and send text directly via the contact menu. Any time a text is forwarded to multpile recipients using smart phones every phone it sends the text to gets the baggage of all the other addresses sent to as well.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2011