Problem with text message closing

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by smurphy923, Oct 19, 2011.

1. smurphy923

smurphy923 New Member

Hey all,

So as of recently i have been having this problem. I am running gb rooted and every time i go to my text message application it force closes within the first couple of seconds (maybe get a word off). I've tried installing handcent and got nothing. And i also tried to do a factory reset which is hold power + r + m and then hit the @ but for some reason my bootloader will not come up. But right now i am sbfing back to 2.26 to see if that will fix it. If anyone knows of a solution let me know.

Thank you.
  2. google123

google123 New Member

Wow I don't think you needed to go all the way back to 2.26 SBF.

Usually with app problems, the first step is to delete cache, then if problem persists, delete data for that app, then try an alternate app, then try remove-reboot-reinstall the app before going with a factory reset. Good luck. Were you having problems with the stock text messaging app were you using an alternate app anyway?
  3. darkestrelic

darkestrelic New Member

I got my DROID pro at the end of september and when it went through an update my texting did the same thing. When I took it to a verizon rep in my area all they did was install an app called "gingerbread keyboard" from the market and I haven't had any problems since.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums
  4. hotkoko

hotkoko New Member

same here

im about to go to VZW tomorrow because it happend again today. this will be my third replacement of my pro for that reaSON. other than that i love my pro
Search tags for this page
(text messages from for closing)
cyanogenmod 7.1 keypad force close
cyanogenmod messages keep closing
droid bionic text messaging closes
droid pro texting force close

droid pro texting problems

my text messaging keeps force closing