problem with tether

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by deadfrog82, May 17, 2010.

1. deadfrog82

deadfrog82 New Member

Ok, so this i snt so much an issue with tethering as it is a problem with this rom. Is there any way I can get the rom to not kill my wireless tethering app when my screen turns off goes to idle it is making me frustrated. Help please!
  2. MoparFinch

MoparFinch New Member

Hmm, I would try this:

Settings > Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi settings > Menu > Advanced > Wi-Fi sleep policy > set to NEVER, hit Menu, hit save

Default policy is to turn the Wi-Fi off when the screen turns off. *3G is actually said to suck more power than WiFi. So there's no sense in turning the Wi-Fi off when the screen is sleeping, especially if you are mostly in a Wi-Fi area.

*Source: Android Central: Keep your charge on -- how to improve battery life on your Android phone
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
  3. deadfrog82

deadfrog82 New Member

Thanks but thats not what im looking for i mean bugless beast has a built in task killer which kills all my currently running apps when the screen is off after a while which pisses me off. Wont switch roms because its so good but just wanted to know if anyone else could help.
  4. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Using BB 1.0 with Wireless Tether right now with the screen off. No issues with it at all.