Problem with some compilation albums - each song displays on a separate album

turkjey5

Reaction score
With some compilation (various artist) albums, each song is listed under a separate album. For example if I had an album called Big Hits with 10 songs on it, in the album view I would see Big Hits listed 10 times, once for each song. (Rather than Big Hits appearing once with the 10 songs under it.)
This only happens for some compilation albums but I can't figure out why it does this.
Thanks!!

acejavelin

Reaction score
I noticed this in the stock music player, I think it is because it doesn't like different artists names in the same album "sometimes" (thanks to HTC for the consistency!). Never really found a fix but I have completely gone away from stock music player, WinAmp or PowerAmp are much better better than the stock one. I purchased WinAmp Pro and it's Album Washer plug-in, the WinAmp Pro player goes on sale a few times a year, I got it for 1.99 but even for the full price of $4.99 I think it is worth it.

marioval

Reaction score
Check you tags. Some of those albums will have the artist listed under "artist" and some will have the artist listed under "album artist". Check the tags on a compilation album that shows up properly then check one that doesn't and you should see which one you have to change.