Problem with software number/build number

theoperativeword

Reaction score
Hello,

Earlier tonight I was changing the battery in my Droid Incredible (not-rooted). Upon powering the phone back on, I must have held down the power button and the circle button, because it booted into a different screen than normal. White background with some choices on it. When I realized this I hit the power button again to try to turn it off, but it loaded another screen and looked like it ran some sort of process, but I didnt see what.

So I pulled out the battery again, and restarted it normally. It loaded normally this time, except when it booted it said something about how it updated/changed versions. My guess is it somehow reverted itself to an older software number/build number? Because it had updates for every single one of my apps again, and I could tell it was running older versions of youtube etc. So it reset a lot of my apps (had to accept all the eula's and sign into fb/twitter etc) and removed all my bookmarks. (My texts and contacts were left untouched).

Currently my phone says its running:
Android 2.2
Kernel version: 2.6.32.17-g9a2fc16
Build number: 3.26.605.1 CL264707 release-keys
Software number: 3.26.605.1

The problem I have now is it seems like all my apps will open and after a few seconds I get an error message saying the process stopped unexpectedly and makes me force close. Facebook and Gmail seem to be the only ones working. But Plume, Words with friends, google voice, speedtest etc all will get the error and shutdown. It even says Urbanspoon is no longer installed on my phone, but it definitely is. All sorts of issues. Would love to get everything back to normal as easily as possible, please help!

Thanks!

muzicjunkie247

Reaction score
Hey,

So, this exact thing just happened to me. What did you do to fix it? I think I'm going to backup my stuff and do a factory reset...