Problem with setting up exchange email

ladennis

Reaction score
My county school system uses Squirrelmail. I need to somehow add to my email accounts on my Fascinate...I keep keeping a message that says it cannot connect to server due to security error. Is the domain squirrelmail\username??? I have NO idea why I cannot get it done. I know the email address, username and password. What is my problem please!

cambrosio

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue on my vortex, have you figured it out yet

ziggy484

Reaction score
I had thing same thing trying to set up my wifes work email, its a security thing on the server end. You gotta get your IT guy to straighten it out, only way around it is an app like touchdown... if your ok with that

Sent via Superclean Fascinate

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had my Droid for 15 months and until last December was able to use the Corporate email app to access my Exchange email. I'm rooted and, last December, when I flashed a new rom I was not able to connect. Google changed the corporate apk. I worked with one of the developers and another member of the Rescue Squad but we were unable to connect. Therefore, I purchased Touchdown.

If you have Exchange on your computer use the same settings and you should be OK.

TBV

Reaction score
I had thing same thing trying to set up my wifes work email, its a security thing on the server end. You gotta get your IT guy to straighten it out, only way around it is an app like touchdown... if your ok with that

Sent via Superclean Fascinate

Many emails that are on non-standard pop3 servers like Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, and the other well-knowns need to have the incoming and outgoing server info added to the settings of the email account on the phone...the incoming and outgoing settings also include the security settings and port info required, and as mentioned above, an IT person or admin for the school and/or info on the schools website should be able to help you in regards to getting that info...

TBV

Last edited: