1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Problem with RSD lite - help!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mallardofwar, Jun 16, 2010.

1. mallardofwar

mallardofwar New Member

I'm attempting to root my moto Droid. I am on a mac (10.6.3), using a trial version of VMWare Fusion + trial Windows Server. The problem is that RSD Lite won't recognize my droid no matter what I do.

I've installed the drivers, loaded sbfrecovery, pressed show device and nothing happens. I've tried restarting my computer and reinstalling rsdlite and still no luck!

To clarify, what I am doing is this: boot up rsd lite, load sbf recovery, power off phone, plug in phone and press up on d-pad, and at this point i'm supposed to see my phone pop up in rsd lite.

instead, windows recognizes it as a motorola flash device and wants to install it with the hardware wizard but that's it.

Someone help! I have no clue what to do now.
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

It doesn't work with a VM. I tried it too, several times using VMware.

You will have to either use bootcamp and load a copy of windows to it, or just borrow someone's PC. I used my wife's.

That's your only choice, sorry.
  3. mallardofwar

mallardofwar New Member

thanks, i found a netbook to use. rooted the phone and everything is great! super easy.
Search tags for this page
droid 2 only seen as flash device rsd lite
motorola atrix 2 not recognized by rsd lite on windows 8
rds lite no device

rsd lite no device

rsd lite not recognize milestone 2
rsd lite show device doesn't work milestone
use rsd lite through vmware fusion