Problem with Rooted phone update PLZ HELP!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by delco714, Sep 2, 2010.

1. delco714

delco714 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK GUYS thanks for reading. I'm in a pickle and need some help!

I had a Droid and it got "destroyed". Long story. I got a barely used preowned one shipped to me. The original user had it Rooted with Frozen Yogurt and had some special kernel on there (I didnt know this at the time). I am a med school student and I dont want anything flashy or extra and I was upset he sent me a phone like this. It took me 4 hours to research, try a few things, and finally figure out how to revert the phone to stock 2.01 android. I used RSD Lite and a flash rom, etc etc. This was my first attempt at "playing with the droid". I wish to have froyo (updated) on the phone like my old one had, but I am afraid that since he rooted it, it will never get an OTA update. I tried some suggestions by reading through the forum and getting the deodexed update and stuff but nothing work. It says E: signature failed, and it aborts all updating. I really want the newest updated android and I really need help from one of you wise-to-droid guys as I expended all viable options known to me. Any one have some insight as to how to go about this? He originally had ClockWorkMod on it, but I don't know if it's still active since I completely flashed it back to 2.01. Everything is back to stock. The 2.01 is there, non-rooted, and the kernel is back to stock. PLZ PLZ PLZ someone assist me. I am fairly technology savvy as it comes to phones and computers, but I really never bothered with rooting android, so I will classify myself as a semi-n00b. Thank you guys. I will provide free medical opinions in return :p :blush:

2. Moto Droid

Moto Droid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you are back to stock which u should be after flashing a SBF file via RSD lite, u have stock recovery so when u do get hit with OTA update it should install with no issues. After flashing the sbf file u do not have root any longer.

3. delco714

delco714 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so basically, I have to wait for it to just happen? It will allow me to update 2.0.1>2.2? I can't manually update though, it does say up to date.. :\

4. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +30
  5. delco714

delco714 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  6. Abe21599

Ratings:
    +30
  7. delco714

delco714 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to "Moto Droid" and your suggestion to use the SBF of FRG01B. Now I need a SBF to get to FRG22!!! any ideas (I am currently running frogo 1)!!.

NEVERMIND GUYS!!! As soon as I typed this, FRG22D updated OTA immediately!!!!! YAYYy! wow I sounds like a 5 year old now, hahaah! Thanks for the support and stuff guys, I really appreciate it. Hopefully this thread can help someone else eventually :-D

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  8. Abe21599

Ratings:
    +30
    ughh i keep forgetting about that. my apologies

9. delco714

delco714 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No need to apologize! Just the fact that tried to help was great!