1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Problem with Rooted phone update PLZ HELP!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by delco714, Sep 2, 2010.

1. delco714

delco714 New Member

OK GUYS thanks for reading. I'm in a pickle and need some help!

I had a Droid and it got "destroyed". Long story. I got a barely used preowned one shipped to me. The original user had it Rooted with Frozen Yogurt and had some special kernel on there (I didnt know this at the time). I am a med school student and I dont want anything flashy or extra and I was upset he sent me a phone like this. It took me 4 hours to research, try a few things, and finally figure out how to revert the phone to stock 2.01 android. I used RSD Lite and a flash rom, etc etc. This was my first attempt at "playing with the droid". I wish to have froyo (updated) on the phone like my old one had, but I am afraid that since he rooted it, it will never get an OTA update. I tried some suggestions by reading through the forum and getting the deodexed update and stuff but nothing work. It says E: signature failed, and it aborts all updating. I really want the newest updated android and I really need help from one of you wise-to-droid guys as I expended all viable options known to me. Any one have some insight as to how to go about this? He originally had ClockWorkMod on it, but I don't know if it's still active since I completely flashed it back to 2.01. Everything is back to stock. The 2.01 is there, non-rooted, and the kernel is back to stock. PLZ PLZ PLZ someone assist me. I am fairly technology savvy as it comes to phones and computers, but I really never bothered with rooting android, so I will classify myself as a semi-n00b. Thank you guys. I will provide free medical opinions in return :p :blush:
  2. Moto Droid

Moto Droid New Member

If you are back to stock which u should be after flashing a SBF file via RSD lite, u have stock recovery so when u do get hit with OTA update it should install with no issues. After flashing the sbf file u do not have root any longer.
  3. delco714

delco714 New Member

so basically, I have to wait for it to just happen? It will allow me to update 2.0.1>2.2? I can't manually update though, it does say up to date.. :\
  4. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

5. delco714

delco714 New Member

6. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

7. delco714

delco714 New Member

Thanks to "Moto Droid" and your suggestion to use the SBF of FRG01B. Now I need a SBF to get to FRG22!!! any ideas (I am currently running frogo 1)!!.

NEVERMIND GUYS!!! As soon as I typed this, FRG22D updated OTA immediately!!!!! YAYYy! wow I sounds like a 5 year old now, hahaah! Thanks for the support and stuff guys, I really appreciate it. Hopefully this thread can help someone else eventually :-D
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  8. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

ughh i keep forgetting about that. my apologies
  9. delco714

delco714 New Member

No need to apologize! Just the fact that tried to help was great!