problem with replacement phone.

ashenfang

Reaction score
My wife and I both have the droid 1, and both of us had to get a certified like new unit from Verizon. They were both done under the motorola warranty. Mine was replaced because the slide mech. on the screen came loose, and my wife's was replaced because of persistent phone call drops.

We received the phones and cosmetically they looked okay. I transferred our stuff using back up pro and everything seemed to be okay. Now I have problems on both phones. With her's, the phone seems to think that the battery is always dead, even after being plugged in all night on the charger. A different battery produces the same results. This basically makes her phone unusable because it will just shut off.

On mine replacement, the phone feels "off". The touchscreen does not seem as sensitive and tends to "lock up" or act in a way that I didn't intend. (i.e. having to press and icon twice to get it to open, pressing on a picture in the gallery sometimes will make the screen scroll all the way to top or bottom.)

It just doesn't act like my original droid did. And most of the time it is sluggish at responding (answering phone calls) or just simply opening an app. (like its busy doing something else.)

Any suggestions on any of this stuff? I am wondering if a wipe and reload of the OS will remedy any of it. Verizon just gives me the run around and says that the quantity of the phones is getting low because they stopped making them when the droid 2 came out.

Detonation

Reaction score
Call and complain again. Search the forums and you will see a lot of people having trouble with replacement phones. The only solution is just keep getting them replaced until you get one that works.

OP
A

ashenfang

Reaction score
thanks for the input. It just takes so much time to call or go in to the verizon store for the same problem. They look or talk to you like you are some kind of idiot who expects to have a phone that does what you pay for it to do. Do you think a reload of the OS would help, or are these problems hardware issues.

ricks

Reaction score
Keep calling until you are satisfied. Eventually they will give you good phones. Even if they have to upgrade you to a newer phone. Dont give up.