Problem with recovery

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Dizzy_, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Dizzy_

Dizzy_ New Member

I just flashed the Cyanogenmod Rom on my Incredible, but I prefer just the stock rom that is rooted. I was trying to go back to that by going into recovery in HBOOT. Since I have an SLCD I am having issues with the recovery image.

I tried to use the custom image that was noted in the rooting tutorial by putting on my SD card, but that doesn't seem to be working. I have formatted the card to FAT32, but when I boot into HBOOT all it does is scan the SD card and say "No image found".

So right now I am pretty much stuck at the HBOOT screen, and if I try to normally boot I get stuck at the HTC Incredible splash screen. I am at a loss as to what I should do now. I have been searching for the past couple of hours to no avail. I figured I would post this in the mean time while I try to look for more solutions.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I look forward to being able to enjoy my phone again.
  2. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Are you supposed to format your SD card to FAT32 or FAT?
  3. Dizzy_

Dizzy_ New Member

As per Doug Piston's tutorial
    I found some info about using the Android SDK for the davlik debug monitor, but I can't seem to install the SDK because the program is not looking for Java JDK in the right place in the registry. If someone could tell me how to move that registry branch I would greatly appreciate it.
  4. Dizzy_

Dizzy_ New Member

Ok, so I received some advice about using the SD card method. It turns out that some SD cards don't work with recovery. I put in the stock SD card that came with the phone, instead of the 4gb I had in and it worked.
  5. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Glad to hear it worked! :)

I can never remember (in regards to my earlier question) because some phones require FAT, others FAT32. I get confused. :)