1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Problem With Power Key

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by CComo55, Feb 6, 2010.

1. CComo55

CComo55 New Member

Hi All,

First of all I would like to thank all of you who have responded to the thousands of questions posted on here. Without this forum, I would have returned my Droid after the first day. With that said, all of a sudden I cannot put my phone into hibernation mode. I used to gently press the power button at the top of the phone once and my phone would go into hibernation, now when I gently press it nothing happens. If I hold the button for a couple of seconds I do get the power off/silence/airline mode but I want to be able to place my phone into hibernation like I used to be able to do. I tried everything I could think of to fix this but no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Christie

PS: I did search on here first for hibernating the Droid but only found people looking for an app to do it for them. :)
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  2. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

Sounds like a hardware problem at first but you said holding it down works...

Have you downloaded any apps that might have affected the power options?

3. CComo55

CComo55 New Member

I have downloaded a ton of apps. I uninstalled the ones I remember downloading today, shut my phone off, restarted and it still does not hibernate. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance!!
  4. CComo55

CComo55 New Member

Could my advanced Task Killer be shutting down the option to hibernate?
  5. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

Have you done a battery pull yet? Does your task killer run automatically? You don't need one that does that.
  6. CComo55

CComo55 New Member

Yes, I did a battery pull. Still no luck. :mad:
  7. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

You might have to try a hard reset then.. it will wipe your phone and that may cure the problem - it's drastic but I don't know what else to suggest.
  8. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad

Hi, CComo55 and welcome!
    I had to do a factory reset a while back for a different problem (Droid became possessed and would reboot itself). Amyway, it sounded drastic, but it worked wonders. Then just go onto the market once you're back in business and all of your apps will be there ready to download again. Haven't had any issues since. Good luck!
  9. CComo55

CComo55 New Member

OK. I guess I will have to do a hard reset. I am just annoyed that I spent a week or more setting this phone up with each apps settings and I will have to go back to square one. I thought you guys might have seen this happen before and that it would be a simple fix. Thanks for the responses!

Christie