Problem with Outlook contacts/calendar after the new software update

guyute32

Reaction score
For some reason, my contacts/calendar are not syncing after the recent update. In my settings, I have the account set to sync contacts and calendar, however, under the "Accounts and Sync" section, my exchange account says "Sync is OFF" and I cannot change this. I have gone into the "Account Settings" for this account multiple times to confirm that the box is checked for sync contacts/calendar, and it is checked.

I am getting very frustrated! Email works just fine.

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Look in your people app and check what contacts are set to display. That might be the issue.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

smokeyrd

Reaction score
Well, if the radio button is off next to your account sync settings, you may need to delete/reapply the account settings. That is, assuming you dont have anything that could get lost if you do that. I assume that, as it is exchange, everything would be backed up on the server, but I hate assuming.

abc519

Reaction score
exact same issue

For some reason, my contacts/calendar are not syncing after the recent update. In my settings, I have the account set to sync contacts and calendar, however, under the "Accounts and Sync" section, my exchange account says "Sync is OFF" and I cannot change this. I have gone into the "Account Settings" for this account multiple times to confirm that the box is checked for sync contacts/calendar, and it is checked.

I am getting very frustrated! Email works just fine.

I just want to thank you for posting this. I am having the exact same issue, and it is very frustrating. My email comes through fine and contacts are synced but the calendar is not showing anything. Someone please help! Thanks!

Using: Microsoft Outlook 2007, Exchange server, Droid Razr Maxx, ICS

mindyw

Reaction score
I had the same problem with calendar not working but contacts and email working. I fixed it by going to the home screen, selecting Menu, then Manage Apps, then Calendar Storage. I then selected "clear data". Then I went back into the calendar and then selected that calendar to sync. It seemed to reset something and it started working for me again.

abc519

Reaction score
Thank you!

I had the same problem with calendar not working but contacts and email working. I fixed it by going to the home screen, selecting Menu, then Manage Apps, then Calendar Storage. I then selected "clear data". Then I went back into the calendar and then selected that calendar to sync. It seemed to reset something and it started working for me again.

Thank you so much for posting a solution that worked for you! I am not able to try it since I have already switched out my phone for another one (I really needed my calendar to work!). Hopefully, this will help others who experience the same problem. Thanks again!