Problem with notification light...

Reaction score
Ok so this happened today. I went ti the mall and turned my cell off then back on when I turned it back on the screen shut off like always and then for some unknown reason the notification light starts to go off. I didn't reserve any mail, text, missed call, or voice mall. Every time I turn it off and back on it happens again. Can someone tell me what's going on and what I can do to stop it?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's normal, happens anytime the sdcards are mounted. Which happens every time you boot.

Sent from my DROID X2

OP
Unforgiven Tsumi
Reaction score
It didn't do that before though. I turned it off and back on again assuming it'll go away in a minute or two and it didn't. Im thinking I should just do a factory reboot.

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It did it before, you just never noticed.

Sent from my DROID X2

OP
Unforgiven Tsumi
Reaction score
No I mean like yea I say the notification flash once or twice but now it doesn't stop flashing only when I turn the screen off then dim it and it flashes again.

OP
Unforgiven Tsumi
Reaction score
The color it was blinking was green. I had no new messages, missed calls, or voice mail. So I unrooted my X2 and did a factory reset. And no more green light flashing for no reason!! XD

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The color it was blinking was green. I had no new messages, missed calls, or voice mail. So I unrooted my X2 and did a factory reset. And no more green light flashing for no reason!! XD

I doubt it had much to do with root, unless there was a fault in your initial root process. But considering a factory reset resolved the problem, it wasn't a system file causing this problem. Did you have any outside (/data/) apks that could possibly have access to notification light? Such as an outside sms app, mail app, etc?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

OP
Unforgiven Tsumi
Reaction score
The only apps I use are DROID forum, handcent, facebook, twitter, and stock email/gmail apps. That and I did have gingerbrake in my app list but it can't use my notification apps at all. But now I want to know what caused it to go off like that.

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The only apps I use are DROID forum, handcent, facebook, twitter, and stock email/gmail apps. That and I did have gingerbrake in my app list but it can't use my notification apps at all. But now I want to know what caused it to go off like that.

Most likely it was a communication error with handcent. Did you try uninstalling it prior to the factory reset to see if it resolved the problem?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

OP
Unforgiven Tsumi
Reaction score
Yea but the notification light wasn't green handcent changed its light color to be blue.