Problem with notification LED

spmode

Reaction score
The only app that lets the LED notification blink normal is gmail (blinks blue). The other apps, namely google voice, give a solid purplish/pink notification LED. Anyone else have this problem?

Beka27

Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out the LED notifications. I don't even see anywhere to set them.

I've always used Light Flow with my DX, but as you'll read in this thread, there are issues with that app (and LED notifications in general).

For some, you have to set the wrong colors so they show up correctly. All this info is below:

See: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...on/216365-does-light-flow-work-galaxy-s3.html

OP
S

spmode

Reaction score
Some of the apps have their own settings, and the s3 has its own general led on/off switch which doesn't seem to really work. Not really sure what's going on.

sixtyfour

Reaction score
I was having problems getting Google Voice notifications working. I finally did with the steps found in the link below. However, I am seeing the solid purple/pink LED now that Google Voice is working. Until I find a fix, I've disabled LED notification for Voice.

( S3 Google Voice notification fix found here: Google Groups )

ralgrl

Reaction score
Some of the apps have their own settings, and the s3 has its own general led on/off switch which doesn't seem to really work. Not really sure what's going on.

I agree. It seems the S3 has LED issues anyway. When my screen is off the LED is permanently green. I can't get that to change for anything. Does anyone else have this issue?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I was having problems getting Google Voice notifications working. I finally did with the steps found in the link below. However, I am seeing the solid purple/pink LED now that Google Voice is working. Until I find a fix, I've disabled LED notification for Voice.

( S3 Google Voice notification fix found here: Google Groups )

I had the same problem trying to change the LED text message notification color using Handcent. Went back to using the default Messaging app. Don't like missed call and missed text colors being the same.

OP
S

spmode

Reaction score
I'm guessing with the first software update it'll be fixed. Just want a simple led blink. The only ones that seems to work properly is gmail and gtalk, both blink blue.

sixtyfour

Reaction score
Status bar notifications and alerts from both the stock calendar (Verizon S3) and Business Calendar don't trigger an LED notification, blinking or solid. A minor bummer and I hope this gets addressed sometime soon.

Mule65

Reaction score
Nobody tested the blinking light -- what a disgrace.

Beka27

Reaction score
The Light Flow devs are working on the app and I'm sure this will be fixed soon enough.