Problem with my HTC Screen!

superdodo12

Reaction score
EDIT3: I'm currently testing if that maybe only when the battery is below 50%, it stops working. Because the battery was at 50% when it started working.

EDIT2: It suddenly started working. What I did was: place the phone in my hand like i'm playing asphalt 7, shook it up and down pretty hard. Nothing happened for a while. Then when I did *#*#3424#*#*, the whole touch screen stopped responding. Then I locked it, unlocked it and it started working again. I'll bump this post if it ever stops again.

EDIT: What I'm really asking is....is it repairable by opening and setting the digitizer ribbon correctly?

Phone MODEL: Droid DNA

So, three day ago, my friend took my phone, and put it up to a ceiling fan, and tried to scare me. I don't know if it was accidental or not, but he did nick the top of the phone to the fan. The phone's exterior is perfectly fine. No scratch, no bump, no nothing. But, ever since then: A small portion of the touch screen did not work.

Screenshot of the portion that does not work:
34yzi9s.png

But, the next day, me and my friend went around a few repair stores and they said that I'd have to get a full LCD + Digitizer replacement, but the LCD screen is crystal clear, no scratches at all. The kicker is that miraculously the screen started working like a charm again. But again, it has returned to it's old state and that portion of the touch screen refuses to work.

My conclusion is that the impact of the edge of the phone to the ceiling fan had somehow loosened the connection of the digitizer and caused it to not transmit signals from that part of the phone, and that it automatically slid back into place, and the back out causing that portion of the screen to not work again. If I use the draw tool fast enough, I can get this effect:
2uq2art.png

Should I open the phone and check if the cable is loose or something? Or did I need to replace it? If you have any experience with this sort of problem please help me out.

rpdonaldrazr

Reaction score
My D2G did this before I got my razr. My advice? Time to call in that insurance.