problem with my Droid Pro-Verizon. Anyone else?

mspm47

Reaction score
Bought the phone through the new Amazon Wireless online store. Good deal at ONE cent. Phone came very quickly but Amazon did not send my info to Verizon so i had to go through the account setup again but that was okay.

I have had the phone for four days and things have fallen apart. First, it took forever to fully charge (via wall charger). Then i noticed that the phone would not work while being charged. I called Amazon and they are sending me another phone which is nice customer service.

While i wait for the new device, the one i have continues to deterioriate. Still takes forever to charge the battery and it only lasts a couple hours.
The speakerphone has so much static that it cannot be used. I have tried it different locations to assure i had a good signal but it is just noise.

I still cannot use the phone while it is charging

And now, the touchscreen seems to have moments that it does it's own thing.

The reason for this post is to see if I should consider another model. Has the Pro been a dude for anyone else?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
:welcome: to the forum!

Standard rules apply:

Play nice. No flames. Keep it clean. Keep it family friendly. Don’t double-post. Don't feed the Mods, SMods, or Admins. They'll follow you home if you do, so really, it's for your own protection. (And do you really want to explain to your loved ones that, no matter how cute he or she is, you really want to keep them?)

So, glad to have you on board! Have fun! :)

As for your phone; you got a bad one. They happen. No moreso for the Pro than any other phone from Motorola lately, but the battery life has been an issue for some people. Not as bad as yours, of course. That's just insane!

As for switching models, I have to ask why you went for the Pro in the first place. There really isn't another Android phone like it. :) Probably the next closest for you would be the D2, but if you want a Blackberry-style phone with the Android OS it's the Pro or nothing at the moment.

OP
mspm47

mspm47

Reaction score
As for switching models, I have to ask why you went for the Pro in the first place. There really isn't another Android phone like it. :) Probably the next closest for you would be the D2, but if you want a Blackberry-style phone with the Android OS it's the Pro or nothing at the moment.[/QUOTE]

I went to the Pro because of the keyboard. It is mainly used for business and i am better with the keyboard than i am with total touchscreen.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
In that case, run to your nearest VZW store or kiosk and pick up the D2 to play with. The keyboard on it is MUCH improved over the D1 and I think you'll like having the larger screen. :)

StingRay

Reaction score
My suggestion would be to take your Pro back and exchange for another one...I have had mine for a week and a half and have not had any of the issues you've described....

only battery issue initially was shorter life than what I expected, but wasn't really any worse than what I experienced with my Droid(1)....I've since purchased the extended battery which works great...should have been shipped with this battery to begin with...

I'd take your phone back and try another in order to give the Pro a chance...you may still not like, but it sounds like the one you currently have is defective...

OP
mspm47

mspm47

Reaction score
thanks Stingray. Amazon is shipping a replacement for next day delivery.
What i have been able to do with the device, i am happy with. I like the keyboard and the functionality of the software.
I will look into an extended battery.

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
+1 for just chalking your experience up to a bad phone. I am a long time bb user that converted to the DP on Nov. 12. I've loved it so far. Wait for the new one from Amazon (and how great is that customer service) and you should be very happy with the functionality of a proper device.

OP
mspm47

mspm47

Reaction score
Is there a cradle charger that is available? I will have two OEM batteries when i receive my replacement and could use a cradle to keep one battery fully charged.

RevivaL

Reaction score
I got mine on black friday, and on Tuesday I had to get a new one since dust somehow manged to get under the screen, already. Since, I haven't had one problem.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

StingRay

Reaction score
haven't seen a cradle charger yet, but one may eventually surface....

seems like quite a few people have had to return their Pros, but I would definitely give the phone another chance....I got lucky with my first and haven't had any problems....plus I really do like it the more I use it...

thezooman

Reaction score
Had bad unit -would constantly freeze - took it back for another unit and this one seems fine

Last edited: