Problem with my Charge & GMail

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by AzJazz, Jun 13, 2011.

1. AzJazz

AzJazz New Member

Hi, guys!

I have a problem on my Charge with GMail. If I have my GMail account enabled to sync, and I receive a new email, two notifications will occur. One notification plays the default notification tone, and the other will play the notification tone I set up under the GMail settings for a new received message.

For now, the only way I have found to prevent the double GMail notifications is to "Freeze" the GMail application (using Bloat Freezer), and then use the TouchWiz Email application to receive my GMails.

While this works, my GMails arrive a LOT slower now, since I think they get "pushed" from the VZW Email network, which seems to update at about 10-15 minute intervals.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem with GMail? And, how do I get rid of the double GMail notifications?

Thanks,

AzJazz
  2. diverbelow

diverbelow New Member

I also have a DC and use my gmail and I do not receive two notifications, just the default one within gmail.

Do you have another app that plays notification when something arrives?
  3. AzJazz

AzJazz New Member

Hi, diverbelow - Yes, I do have other apps that play notifications, but this seems specific to GMail. Whenever a GMail message is received, I see 2 "stock" GMail notification icons on the notification bar, and I hear 2 tones playing simultaneously (one is the default notification tone, the other is the notification tone set within the GMail application).

The only way I can prevent the default notification from playing is to disable my account's GMail synchronization (Under Account Sync settings).

AzJazz
  4. spdivr1122

spdivr1122 New Member

I doubt this will help, but go to settings- applications - manage applications - Gmail - clear data.

Sent from my droid charge
Search tags for this page

gmail setting for samsung charge

i have duplicate gmail accounts on my samsung charge

samsung charge email and gmail