Problem with music from sdcard.

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by SpikeCuervo, Nov 16, 2011.

1. SpikeCuervo

SpikeCuervo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello there, Im a new user of Motorola Droid 3, and so far Im really liking it but I recently got problem I can't seem to fix...

I recently bought a 32gb sd card, so I moved all my music from the internal storage to the card. The problem Im having now is that whenever I try to run Mixzing or open the files with the stock app from the explorer, the application used freezes.
    I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Mixzing, and even though it recognizes the files and the album art, whenever I want to reproduce a song it freezes and won't let me. Also the stock app, keeps showing me the music I had on my internal storage, even though it's not there anymore, and whenever it try to play it it sort of does but without any sound comming out.
    I thought it might be a card problem, that it might be a counterfeit one, but I checked it using h2testw and it says it's good, at least this is what it showed me:

Warning: Only 30299 of 30423 MByte tested.
    Test finished without errors.
    You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
    Writing speed: 3.72 MByte/s
    Reading speed: 15.0 MByte/s
    H2testw v1.4

I also tried using the card on the pc and the music plays normally. I don't really know what the problem might be, my phone's rooted, Im using Steel Droid V 3.0 might that be the problem?

If any of you guys could help, i'd be thankful.

2. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Senior Member

Ratings:
    +228
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    Kind of a long shot, but you might go into Applications and clear out the data and cache for the stock music player. I also just downloaded Google Music, and noticed it has a refresh option in setting. If you haven't used it yet, that might be worth a try to see if it can re-cache your database info.

-Matt

3. SpikeCuervo

SpikeCuervo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good idea, I'll try it.
    I recently tried the card on my mother's Galaxy and it works just fine.

I don't know what might be happening :/

4. dbl219

dbl219 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wanted to note that I had this issue with my new RAZR. Tried clearing the data/cache as suggested and it worked like a charm! Everything is fixed. Thanks for the suggestion.

Search tags for this page

mixzing sdcard

mixzing wont find song on sd card

razr wont pull music off sd card

sd card error in music

zeepad wont play music from sdcard