1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Problem with moto droid recognizing music files

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by BigRussDaGOD, Jan 16, 2010.

1. BigRussDaGOD

BigRussDaGOD New Member

i have a moto droid. i was able to load it up with albums no problem on my old pc running windows xp, never had a problem. i got a new laptop for xmas and when i copy albums to the droid it does not recognize the file. not just some file, the entire album. this includes cds i own, ripped in windows media player and albums ive downloaded. can anyone shed some light on this problem??
  2. BigRussDaGOD

BigRussDaGOD New Member

oh and all the files are mp3 320 kbps so format is not the issue.
  3. meisentones

meisentones New Member

Same problem. I think it may be a liscence issue of some sorts. When I was copying the music files over, I remember seeing an error message along the lines of "this file may only be copied # times". Now when I copy them over it says "some of the properties of this file cannot be copied. Do you still want to copy?" If I select yes, it copies the file over. I can see the music file/song on my music playe, but when I select it to play, it usually says "file not found"

Any Ideas?