Problem with minfreemanager

zenman77

Reaction score
After hearing others promote this it sounded like a great app. to try out but after installation it will not allow me to apply or apply at boot without producing a popup that states (Failed, Ok). I'm running bugless beast 7.8 at the moment and was curious as to whether anyone else is having this the same experience.....

hacksaw

Reaction score
I'm running Bugless Beast 7.6 and minfreemanager is working great for me.

This is pure speculation, but I'm wondering if it's the same problem that Titanium Backup or Metamorph run into when they try to access Busybox when the permissions are set wrong. Do those apps work for you? If not do this from either the adb shell or terminal emulator on your phone:

su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
chmod 755 /system/xbin/busybox
mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
sync
reboot

That will allow the utilities in Busybox to be used by other apps.

Again though, I have no idea if this is the issue or not with minfreemanager but given that we're both running Bugless Beast it's the first thing that leaps to mind that might be different between our systems. I did this on mine in order to get Titanium working.

OP
Z

zenman77

Reaction score
I tried going to terminal and entering (SU) as you suggested and it's stating (Permission Denied)

I wonder if I'm unrooted now after installing bb 7.8?

OP
Z

zenman77

Reaction score
Ok............. an update............ I'm now running bb 1.1 and have access to the terminal again..... It appears to be a very solid version and I think the only thing that I'll be missing is ocing to 800mhz as it looks like I can't go past 550mhz now but it's running fast and smooth anyway.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok............. an update............ I'm now running bb 1.1 and have access to the terminal again..... It appears to be a very solid version and I think the only thing that I'll be missing is ocing to 800mhz as it looks like I can't go past 550mhz now but it's running fast and smooth anyway.

You have to download a OC kernal from his page and apply it as an update.zip
There are 600mhz, 1.2Ghz, and 1.25Ghz.

OP
Z

zenman77

Reaction score
I'll be sure and do that........... Most likely it will be the 600mhz as I'm hesitant to go over 1ghz..... Thanx for your input everyone. I've never hacked phones before but it is so much fun

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll be sure and do that........... Most likely it will be the 600mhz as I'm hesitant to go over 1ghz..... Thanx for your input everyone. I've never hacked phones before but it is so much fun

It is isn't it?:icon_ devil:
Oh and if your afraid of 1Ghz, then don't use it, because one you use it, you won't want to go back. Trust me...

OP
Z

zenman77

Reaction score
I'll bet! I'm going to stay with 800 and will see where it goes when the 2.1's start making there way to us............

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
I applied Chevy's 1.2 kernel and it's working great Zenman77. I'd recommend that one. It'll let you set it at 800, but if you want (and your phone can handle it), you can go all the way to 1.25gHz.

hacksaw

Reaction score

Did changing ROM versions fix the problem with minfreemanager?

jasonb

Reaction score
minfreemanager is not keeping it's settings when i reboot the phone. i clicked set on boot, and it still doesn't default to the setting i chose.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

It is isn't it?:icon_ devil:
Oh and if your afraid of 1Ghz, then don't use it, because one you use it, you won't want to go back. Trust me...

Amen to that...somehow I got addicted to 1.1GHz+ I now choose ROMs and kernels based on how stable they are and whether or not they'll allow me to OC to 1.1GHz+. Haha this is comming from "meh I'll stick with 950MHz, I have no need for 1GHz+" I tried it out one and day and once I saw it ran fine on my phone I was hooked!! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Oh BTW just so I'm not completely off-track. Minfreemanager didn't work for me, kept rebooting my phone and restarting my browsers :(

OP
Z

zenman77

Reaction score
Thanx again for everyone's prompt and helpful responses and here's the results of my real world test with this minfreemanager. I have to admit that when I first heard of it, I was sceptical about the claims that people were making. With bb 7.9 and 800mhz, no live wallpapers I would go to sleep at night after just taking the Droooooiiiid off of the charger and by morning it had a 70-80% charge. It had actually dropped up to 30% in a few hours! I should also mention that at that time minfreemanager was not working.,

Now, I'm running bb 1.1, 800mhz, live wallpapers, chevy 1.25 and set minfree at aggressive and the phone barely dropped 10% in the same time period.

I'm absolutely amazed and digging this phone. :icon_ banana:

dbol

Reaction score
minfreemanager failed to impress me. Once I upgraded to droidmod 1.0 and overclocked to 800 MHz, that's all I needed... I tried minfreemanager afterwards, and it seemed to do a poor job at memory management, slowing down my phone and causing unnecessary lags.

This is however, just my experience...