Problem with minfreemanager

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by zenman77, Feb 22, 2010.

1. zenman77

zenman77 New Member

After hearing others promote this it sounded like a great app. to try out but after installation it will not allow me to apply or apply at boot without producing a popup that states (Failed, Ok). I'm running bugless beast 7.8 at the moment and was curious as to whether anyone else is having this the same experience.....
  2. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER New Member

Running DroidMod 2.0.6... not getting that error...
  3. hacksaw

hacksaw New Member

I'm running Bugless Beast 7.6 and minfreemanager is working great for me.

This is pure speculation, but I'm wondering if it's the same problem that Titanium Backup or Metamorph run into when they try to access Busybox when the permissions are set wrong. Do those apps work for you? If not do this from either the adb shell or terminal emulator on your phone:

su
    mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
    chmod 755 /system/xbin/busybox
    mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
    sync
    reboot

That will allow the utilities in Busybox to be used by other apps.

Again though, I have no idea if this is the issue or not with minfreemanager but given that we're both running Bugless Beast it's the first thing that leaps to mind that might be different between our systems. I did this on mine in order to get Titanium working.
  4. zenman77

zenman77 New Member

I tried going to terminal and entering (SU) as you suggested and it's stating (Permission Denied)

I wonder if I'm unrooted now after installing bb 7.8?
  5. zenman77

zenman77 New Member

Ok............. an update............ I'm now running bb 1.1 and have access to the terminal again..... It appears to be a very solid version and I think the only thing that I'll be missing is ocing to 800mhz as it looks like I can't go past 550mhz now but it's running fast and smooth anyway.
  6. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

You have to download a OC kernal from his page and apply it as an update.zip
    There are 600mhz, 1.2Ghz, and 1.25Ghz.
  7. zenman77

zenman77 New Member

I'll be sure and do that........... Most likely it will be the 600mhz as I'm hesitant to go over 1ghz..... Thanx for your input everyone. I've never hacked phones before but it is so much fun
  8. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

It is isn't it?:icon_ devil:
    Oh and if your afraid of 1Ghz, then don't use it, because one you use it, you won't want to go back. Trust me...
  9. zenman77

zenman77 New Member

I'll bet! I'm going to stay with 800 and will see where it goes when the 2.1's start making there way to us............
  10. ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle Android Addict Premium Member

I applied Chevy's 1.2 kernel and it's working great Zenman77. I'd recommend that one. It'll let you set it at 800, but if you want (and your phone can handle it), you can go all the way to 1.25gHz.
  11. hacksaw

hacksaw New Member

Did changing ROM versions fix the problem with minfreemanager?
  12. jasonb

jasonb New Member

minfreemanager is not keeping it's settings when i reboot the phone. i clicked set on boot, and it still doesn't default to the setting i chose.
  13. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

Amen to that...somehow I got addicted to 1.1GHz+ I now choose ROMs and kernels based on how stable they are and whether or not they'll allow me to OC to 1.1GHz+. Haha this is comming from "meh I'll stick with 950MHz, I have no need for 1GHz+" I tried it out one and day and once I saw it ran fine on my phone I was hooked!! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Oh BTW just so I'm not completely off-track. Minfreemanager didn't work for me, kept rebooting my phone and restarting my browsers :(
  14. zenman77

zenman77 New Member

Thanx again for everyone's prompt and helpful responses and here's the results of my real world test with this minfreemanager. I have to admit that when I first heard of it, I was sceptical about the claims that people were making. With bb 7.9 and 800mhz, no live wallpapers I would go to sleep at night after just taking the Droooooiiiid off of the charger and by morning it had a 70-80% charge. It had actually dropped up to 30% in a few hours! I should also mention that at that time minfreemanager was not working.,

Now, I'm running bb 1.1, 800mhz, live wallpapers, chevy 1.25 and set minfree at aggressive and the phone barely dropped 10% in the same time period.

I'm absolutely amazed and digging this phone. :icon_ banana:
  15. dbol

dbol New Member

minfreemanager failed to impress me. Once I upgraded to droidmod 1.0 and overclocked to 800 MHz, that's all I needed... I tried minfreemanager afterwards, and it seemed to do a poor job at memory management, slowing down my phone and causing unnecessary lags.

This is however, just my experience...
  16. Chief Wahoo

Chief Wahoo Premium Member Premium Member

I have MinFreeManager on my Droid, BB1.1/Chevy's1.2 kernel OCed at 1000 and I am just not sure whether the app is doing what it is supposed to and I frankly cannot tell whether when I pick "aggressive" it sticks, although the app returns an "OK" message, when I go back in to the presets, it doesn't show anything selected.

Anyone have a sense as to how to recognize whether the app is doing much and whether the user selections actually "stick" or not?
  17. r-dubya

r-dubya New Member

Was able to install and run it fine. Though i uninstalled after one day of use. I found the exact OPPISTE effect then what was claimed. My battery died 5 hours before it normally does, and my phone seemed bogged down.
Search tags for this page

minfree manager

minfree manager settings wont stick after boot

minfreemanager settings won't stick after boot

why is minfreemanager failing?