1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Problem with K9 Mail Not Syncing

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by marc202, Sep 1, 2010.

1. marc202

marc202 New Member

Hi! I'm new to the forums and I just picked up a Droid 2 last week. I'm having a problem with K9 Mail -- it's not automatically checking for mail. It only syncs when I do a manual sync. I have Background sync set to "when 'Background data' is checked'. I have Background data sync set up on my Droid. All of my mail accounts are pop3.

I thought maybe the default mail client was picking up the mail instead of K9, so I tried setting the default mail client to manual sync only, but that made no difference.

This might be a dumb question, but do I need to turn polling on in order for K9 to automatically sync? Or is that not the problem?

Thanks!
  2. dbscothorn

dbscothorn New Member

I have my K9 set to sync with Gmail and I have it set under the imap settings. I set the path manually at the first log in screen. I don't have it polling and seems to sync on every email. The home page of Gmail at the bottom has directions for setting up a secondary app for syncing with Gmail. Hope this helps.
Search tags for this page
android k9 mail not syncing
how to enable syncing in k9 mail
how to enable syncing on k-9 mail
how to set k-9 mail to sync with email client
how to sync k-9 mail
k-9 mail not syncing
k-9 mail sync disabled
k9 email not syncing
k9 mail auto sync

k9 mail not syncing

k9 mail senkronizasyon