Problem With Installing and Uninstalling

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Its not too hard, theres a thread about it somewhere on his forum. I hope your wiping your data and cache before installing a new rom right? If you dont, then it can definitely lead to some weird isues

Da Meach

Reaction score
Its not too hard, theres a thread about it somewhere on his forum. I hope your wiping your data and cache before installing a new rom right? If you dont, then it can definitely lead to some weird isues

Thanks, I'll see if I can find the thread and yes, I always wipe data/cache before a new rom installation.

Abadus

Reaction score
Having the same issue. Wonder if it has anything to do with apps to SD. I reflashed my phone and was re-installing all my apps. Went through about 30 then remembered I needed to turn apps to SD on... Couple apps later the installer hangs and I can't do anything :(

Bxrider117

Reaction score
Having the same issue. Wonder if it has anything to do with apps to SD. I reflashed my phone and was re-installing all my apps. Went through about 30 then remembered I needed to turn apps to SD on... Couple apps later the installer hangs and I can't do anything :(

I don't know if it has anything to do with apps 2SD but that is my guess. I also think that my SD card was cluttered with stuff that I do not need nor use. I wound up backing up my SD. card to my desktop and wiping it clean and reformating it to my phone and then loading up stuff that was just needed. I freed up about 3g of space. My card used to be filled to 12/13gb now I have under 10gb on my card. I have not had a problem since.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
I experienced something like this too, but not with apps to SD, just with a nearly full SD card. I knew thats what it was because of the behavior the phone went through when it started up.
First it would boot, of course.
The UI would come up, it would start to run boot operations.
At this point the screen would work just fine.
Once it mounted the SD card, and started to hustle through the files, it would hang.
So to be sure, I restarted the phone.
This time when it booted, and I could get into the menus I opened up settings.
I went to SD card/phone storage, and touched unmount SD card.
This stopped the process of mounting the external memory, and my phone worked just fine.
Of course, being as thurough as I could be, I went back in after a few minutes, and remounted the card.
Sure enough, the system hung, and I had to restart.

If you think this could be the problem with your phone, give these steps a try. If they work, as in, your phone only hangs after it tries to mount the SD card, then you need to clean out your closet

Abadus

Reaction score
Well I have done RSD... but it fails at some downloading to ram portion. Seems to still work, reverts it back and then asks to update OTA to 2.1 so it must be working.

My 2.1 based rom seems to work just about not matter what I do but when I go up to a 2.2 rom it starts to mess up. I ran 2.2 since leak and have been using apps to SD for a while now. MAYBE it is because my SD card is getting full. I have about 12-13 gig on there right now. I am going to clean it up and see what happens. Will report back.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
The SD card getting close to full will cause funny problems with the droid. I've experienced it, as have others. Cleaning it up may very well help. Also, make sure there aren't curropt files on it, that can cause issues too

Abadus

Reaction score
Well I cut it down to like 5 gig. I have re-downloaded all my apps and set 80% of my phone up....

I am worried to try a2sd again but I will in a day or so. Been messing with this thing for 2 days now and want to enjoy my phone a little before I jack it up again LOL.

At least I seem to have a system that works now. But I am thinking it was the full SD card doing it. It was having some install issues before. Everything installed just fine this time.

Da Meach

Reaction score
Ok, back with an update. I noticed that, not only were all of my apps constantly computing, I couldn't mount my sd card via usb OR unmount via my phone interface. To break this cycle, I turned the phone off, removed my sd card and powered back up. Much to my surprise, I went to the market, updated all of my apps (all of mine were on internal) AND was able to download and install other apps from the market. For my next step, I shut down my phone again, replaced my sd card, booted into clockwork, formatted (only) my sd card under "partitions" and re-booted. Once I booted back up, I was able to download and install from the market as if I'd never had an issues. I hope this helps. dancedroid

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad you got your apps restored and thanks for sharing your solution.
Mike

Da Meach

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for their help. If i can be of any help, please shoot me a pm.