1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

problem with google search

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by polack, Dec 31, 2010.

1. polack

polack New Member

I'm rooted stock, no roms just a p3 kernal to overclock to 1200. i recently was gonna perform an update.zip to run a rom and changed the wrong file to update.zip and installed it in sprecovery. the file i found out i changed was a google searchbox apk from gingerbread. it went through all the update like any update.zip would but now whenever i reboot my phone, the damn thing deletes my google searchbox stock app. all i do to fix it is go into root explorer and tap the apk and it allows me to install google searchbox. but the next time i shut off my phone i have to repeat this step over again and it's getting old. anyone have any idea how i can get this to stop.