Problem with GDE after latest update.

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by ABRoark, May 21, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. ABRoark

ABRoark New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I searched GDE and a couple other things, but haven't found any similar issues posted.

GDE recently updated, and it added this annoying feature. When you press home, it pops up little previews of each desktop screen.

I can't find how to get rid of it. I only have 2 desktop screens running right now. Even if I had 7, I couldn't imagine needing a preview of each one.

Thanks for any help.
    -Anthony
  2. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Sounds like they are copying what sence UI has, probly shortcuts to each screen, as for turning it off sorry im no help there :(.

see if you add a 3rd and when it pops up if you can jump to whatever one you point too. If it does that then thats what they did was try to copy the sence UI which myself I dont use not even on my incredible. I run sweter home now but before I switched I did like GDE the best.
  3. Booch_21

Booch_21 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Pressing the Home key twice brings that up. If the phone is sluggish and you press Home twice, not necessaarily in succession, you may get this to come up and not know why. Simply press the Back button to return to the normal Home screen. I got a newer update today and it has the screens come up on the entire screen. A nice new touch!

Edit: It appears that, in the latest update of 5/24/10, the mini screens come up on a semi-long Home key press from the Home screen. This is not quite the same as the double Home key press and I'm not sure it is that easy to use.
  4. ABRoark

ABRoark New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't care what brings it up. I need it dead. Haha.
    There should be an option to shut it off.
  5. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    gde

just loaded it up again to test out the update, took me a few minutes but I found how to stop that preview.
    hit the far right button on the dock then choose appereance, then choose wallpaper in the wallpaper choose digiframe then options in options you can turnoff double tap :)

I stand corrected sorry I thought that would work :(

still doing that overhead preview