Problem with gallery

MarkB

Reaction score
I had the same problem with empty frames showing up in the thumbnail portion of the gallery. I decided to take a look around and mounted the SD card and looked in the thumbnail folder using my PC. everything looked fine so I unmounted and disconnected my Droid. When I went in to look at the gallery with my Droid all the thumbnails were there. Hope this works for you.

Thanks Davy, but that shouldn't be necessary - and certainly not each time you take a picture!

petehunter

Reaction score
After I downloaded the gallery revision the app icon on my desktop no longer works. I get an error message that says "the. application is no longer installed on your phone". This is stupid! Gallery CAME with the phone when I bought it and I put it on my desktop. I can usually get it to work if I turn the camera on and then select gallery, but that is dumb. It starts the camera app when I do not want it started. What gives?

MarkB

Reaction score
After I downloaded the gallery revision the app icon on my desktop no longer works. I get an error message that says "the. application is no longer installed on your phone". This is stupid! Gallery CAME with the phone when I bought it and I put it on my desktop. I can usually get it to work if I turn the camera on and then select gallery, but that is dumb. It starts the camera app when I do not want it started. What gives?

That's been covered a zillion times. The shortcut on your desktop is to the OLD gallery app which has been uninstalled. Just delete that shortcut and drag a new one to your desktop from your app drawer.

MarkB

Reaction score
And I apologize if my reply came off as snotty. It wasn't meant that way. Generally though, it's a good idea to use the forum search if you'd like to find quick answers, in case anyone has encountered the same problems before. Like a search on "gallery icon 2.1" would come up with threads discussing this.

CrappyAlloy

Reaction score
I had the same problem with empty frames showing up in the thumbnail portion of the gallery. I decided to take a look around and mounted the SD card and looked in the thumbnail folder using my PC. everything looked fine so I unmounted and disconnected my Droid. When I went in to look at the gallery with my Droid all the thumbnails were there. Hope this works for you.
Are you refering to the agilefusion folder on the SD card? Ive deleted the thumbnails in there a few times, as well as other thumbnail-esque type files to try and correct the growing problem with my gallery (my gallery will render all pictures just fine, but half of the thumbnails show up as little gray boxes, im on cyanogen 5.0.6.2 btw)

Anyone have a surefire way to correct this?