Problem with Flash on Froyo

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by borgey401, Jun 7, 2010.

1. borgey401

borgey401 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I flashed 2.2 the other day, today I went to hulu.com/widget/player and no video will play for some reason. yes i went into debug settings and switched to desktop and all that. Is there a fix for this at all? I tried to search the forums and did not come up with anything, so sorry if this is already posted

2. ???

??? Member

Ratings:
    +3
    have you tried any other flash sites?

oh and try the debug thing again, I noticed it didn't seem to last forever. oh and there's another site like hulu that doesn't block phones but I can't remember the name. I found it thru this board in a skyfire thread thou.

3. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Did u install Flash, and if u did, did u use the one from the original thread?

I switched to another 2.2 ROM the other day and Flash was already pre-installed on the new ROM, but it wasnt working. I had to use Flash that was in the orig thread here.

4. Asterisk

Asterisk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The flash apk from the first post for the Froyo thread worked for me. But I am not sure how to get into the debugging settings. Help?

5. area52

area52 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  6. chumba8

chumba8 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Its the actual flash player I had one installed from the thread and it didnt like a lot of the websights I went to then I remembered hey I have a org .apk of flash from the nexus one I installed that on the droid and there you go

7. ???

??? Member

Ratings:
    +3
    are you saying you installed the flash app from the n1 and it worked better?

8. borgey401

borgey401 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i dont know about that one to be honest........ sounds iffey

9. gomcse

gomcse New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hulu is blocking mobile devices. It has something to do with contract violation for distribution rights.

However, there is a Hulu.apk that makes the Hulu site think you are coming from a desktop computer. Combined with a fixed flash app called
    flash-droid-fixed.apk you can make it work, but it looks like it will only do so on a rooted phone.

Outside of that, Hulu is trying to further block access by requiring Flash 10.2 or 10.22 in order to run, and that is not available on any mobile device.

Bottom line: Using Hulu.apk and Flash-droid-fixed.apk on a rooted phone, you should be able to use the Hulu web site.

Search tags for this page

adobe flash player for archos 101