problem with fission rom

volsfan1965

Reaction score
I installed the fission rom on my D2G and it really messed up my contacts, I would like to know if I need to do something different to stop that. I also need to know if I can install the themes on fission rom manager if I am running stock rom.
If I reinstall fission 2.4.3 after I fix the contact issue do I install the upf
grade on or the original 2.4.3.
I would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks
volsfan

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i can probably help you out with the contacts. how did they get screwed up?

and no i don't think you can flash the themes on stock.

OP
volsfan1965

volsfan1965

Reaction score
First i should tell you I am doing this to help on battery usage. The contact were all there, but some had phone numbers gone. I would just like for them to stay like they are and still get fission or another rom if theres a way to get another. and I thank you for all your help

Dan

kptphalkon

Reaction score
What you need to do is export your contacts to the sd card, this creates a file you can import later if you were to go back to stock. You can do this in the settings menu of contacts. Unfortunately i dont think you can just recover the lost numbers.

Alternately you should set up your phone to save/back up all of your contacts to your gmail account, and this way you shouldnt have to import/export.

OP
volsfan1965

volsfan1965

Reaction score
as far as I know back up assistant does that every day. I could go to verizons web site and sync back to my phone I guess Im going to try it again. does anyone recommend another rom and if it is one I have to use the get r done romer I hope theres clear instructions cause I have never used that.
Do I use the original fission 2.4.3 or do I use the upgrade one on fission rom manager

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Just like I found with the market and your apps list, backup assistant does not get all of your contacts. I think it is unreliable at best.

rockshox

Reaction score
I don't think that you actually have the BackupAssistant running anymore now that you are running Fission. I know the default D2G comes with BackupAssistant which synchronizes your contacts automatically with Verizon, however that functionality is gone once you install Fission. However, you can login to the BackupAssistant website and export the contacts to a CSV file. Then go into your contacts in Gmail and use the import feature to import the CSV file you created. The contacts will then synchronize through Gmail down to the phone. I just did it a couple days ago and it worked perfect.

Asphyx

Reaction score
Let me ask you this....

On those contacts with no numbers does it say facebook under the profiles section?

Do you have two contacts for those people?

If so you are experiencing the cloud!

You will have to join the facebook contacts with the Standard (google or phone only) contacts and then all info will be in one contact.

OP
volsfan1965

volsfan1965

Reaction score
Let me ask you this....

On those contacts with no numbers does it say facebook under the profiles section?

Do you have two contacts for those people?

If so you are experiencing the cloud!

You will have to join the facebook contacts with the Standard (google or phone only) contacts and then all info will be in one contact.
asphyx thats the first thing i checked but it wasnt all that it was like it took everything away except the name there wasnt anything there it was weird. I freaked out when it happen and hurry up and put stock back on cause i thought it was gonna mess up more. I think im gonna try again and see what was really going on

Asphyx

Reaction score
I've seen that before but usually because of a bad sync with GMail and Outlook.

If you had joined contacts before it might also happen.

But it definitly sounds like a bad sync.

What do those blank contacts say under profile?

Well you went back so too late there I guess. As long as your back up and running.
I hate the way Google does contacts in Andoid. It should automatically export all data to Google even if placed there by Facebook.

I eventually did that myself via YahooMail inport FB and Linked In contacts and the joined the dupes so I had a complete list in Gmail.

satoru

Reaction score
First i should tell you I am doing this to help on battery usage. The contact were all there, but some had phone numbers gone. I would just like for them to stay like they are and still get fission or another rom if theres a way to get another. and I thank you for all your help

Dan

If that is the only reason then I would suggest going back to stock. Fission is pretty much dead and if there ever is an update then I would go back. as of right now i think that fission has one too many bugs. Otherwise I did the csv method. I flased fisson and figured out how to fix this in about 10min after flashing to get my contacts back and working fine. Do what rockshox said and you should not have any problems. I did this before fb sync. After I imported the csv I sync'd fb with no problems. hope this helps
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Last edited:

kptphalkon

Reaction score
@rockshox,

Like i said in my previous post, you can export your contacts to the sd card, and this creates a csv file. No need to go online or sign in or do any crap like that. Just go into your contacts, hit settings/menu (whatever it is) and select import/export. The rest is self explanatory

satoru

Reaction score
Fission isn't dead, don't know why you would say that.

Well nothing really happened in the past 2 months then moto went after everyone. So maybe not "dead" but more or less a stand still.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

rockshox

Reaction score
@kptphalkon - You are correct if the OP had done that prior to flashing fission. However in the OP's first post, he stated he had already flashed Fission, then had the problem with the contacts, so they can't really go back and export contacts that are now gone, hence the reason I recommended going to the Backup Assistant source that should have a backup of the contacts from the last 24hours.