Problem with Exchange ActiveSync

Muschnick

Reaction score
HAHA...If that is the case it should be terrified as it is about to go flying into the wall :icon_evil:

jrhodes

Reaction score
That amazes me with the Improved Mail application. So far, it is behaving quite well on my Droid. I have hope .....

Muschnick

Reaction score
Now I am getting "This server requires security features your phone does not support"

Let me guess....It doesn't have the remote wipe option?

Muschnick

Reaction score
You are probably right....It might be picking up on some conflict of the security settings that got configured when the native app activated the device admin option needed to meet my companies security requirements (if that makes sense :icon_eek: )

Muschnick

Reaction score
Hi Jim,

Sorry I thought I had responded to this earlier but for some reason it never saved. Maybe I forgot to hit the submit button or something....

Anyways it didn't work. Nothing has worked up until this point.

Also I dropped my phone in the toilet yesterday (by mistake :icon_evil: ) and luckily I had insurance. So I got a new one shipped to me today.

I just configured it, setting up my exchange email first. Everything looked good for about 2 hours and.....

The sync just stopped working....lost the connection apparently

At least I know it isn't a HW problem!

I also spoke to someone else at my work that has started to see the same issues. It doesn't appear to happen to him as much but I think I use my email quite a bit more than he does from my phone at least.

If anybody has any suggestions I would love to hear them....at this point I love the Incredible but my blood pressure is going through the roof dealing with this miserable issue

Is there somewhere I could open a case and get some support team engaged to work on this? Android support? Microsoft? Is my only option my IT group? ugh!

jrhodes

Reaction score
Well, that is not good. I was hoping to hear some positive news. You're bringing me down, man. :)

Are you still connecting via WiFi? If you are, check your advanced WiFi settings and make sure it is not going to sleep. Is the replacement running 2.2? You can't assume replacements have the latest OS I have found.

Muschnick

Reaction score
The replacement is running 2.2. It happens with Wifi all the time. It is happening most days and usually multiple times a day. The odd thing is when it goes 1-2 days without it happening.

It always seems to happen during the worst times. Always when I am away from my laptop and need to view my emails from my phone.

It makes my blood boil!!

It seems to be something wrong when the phone tries to sync and finds a conflict between exchange and the phone. Thats just a guess as it seems to occur after I delete emails on my phone and it goes to sync up with exchange.

Maybe it is some setting on our exchange server but I have no idea what to ask about to my IT department.

GGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :icon_evil:

jrhodes

Reaction score
Wow. It is definitely giving you a good fight. Ok, so let's try a different approach. Since the replacement is doing the same thing, maybe we need to look at the server side of this. Do you mind sharing the size of your mailbox (meaning number of items)? I have heard from our engineers that once a folder exceeds 20k items, ActiveSync starts to run into "time out" issue. Do you have any folders that are close to this limit? What version of Exchange are you using?

Another possibility is mailbox corruption. How are you connecting to Exchange? Are you using Outlook? If that is the case, have you ever used the scanpst.exe tool before? You can try running that on the OST file associated with your mailbox. The important thing to note with that tool is that you need to run it repeatedly until it does not find any errors, so it could take a while.

Please keep me posted.

Ralurard

Reaction score
Similar issues here, even post-factory reset

Jim et al,
Having similar problems with Exchange sync even after a factory reset. Had been experiencing intermittent issues in the past several months with a sync but a wipe of the mail client and a reinstall would fix. Recently began experiencing the dreaded "Low on Space" error which fouled up Gmail, Exchange, and Contacts storage. Ended up fixing those problems (don't want to get into it right now) and even though I couldn't get the onboard Mail client to sync, I was able to make Touchdown work yesterday - for a while (Exchange for Android 2.x installed). Last night I noticed I was no longer receiving inbound messages, nor could I force a sync this morning. Removed and reinstalled the program with no success. Finally decided to pull the plug and perform a factory reset - painful. Now, several factory resets later, I still cannot force a sync. I even followed the steps in your September blog where I pulled in the Exchange client first and skipped Gmail. No dice. Out of ideas and very frustrated. It seems like since the OTA update Sunday morning that was pushed to my phone things are even worse. Current problem is: "Error: Failed to connect to the Exchange Server. Please check Exchange server settings." Company's certificate is untrusted but that had never been a problem before. Any help welcome, next step will be to try a hardware swap. Absolutely at my wits end.

Ralurard

Reaction score
As a further reply, I'm on hold with HTC tech support and the guy is dumbfounded by my problem. I described what had happened and I'd done everything he was prepared to tell me to do for trouble resolution.