Problem with Droid X Docking Station

Jedialan

Reaction score
For the first 5-6 months my docking stating has been working fine.
Now all of a suddent the screen is so dim when in the dock you can't even see it. Works fine when out of the dock. Any suggestions?

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. while in dock stn are u able to view ur settings? also if u can search DX forum for the dock station there were others with possible same issues.

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

OP
J

Jedialan

Reaction score
Princess - yes, I can access the settings. I've pretty much tried them all to no avail.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
hmm sorry ur having probs. well did u check the XDA developers site? it may/may not have a topic on this but worth a try

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

muddychief

Reaction score
There is an icon on left side of the screen that toggles brightness between din ( bedside) and normal. Select this and the brightness will change.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
yeah i doubt the OP doesnt know about the little 'button' to dim or undim the screen if he/she has been using it for the past 5-6 months. But hey who knows.

muddychief

Reaction score
yeah i doubt the OP doesnt know about the little 'button' to dim or undim the screen if he/she has been using it for the past 5-6 months. But hey who knows.

Come on really? Isn't that the kind of unhelpful post you just keep to yourself? What good does saying that do? He asked if gave him/her the answer.

Done

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

BodyBagz

Reaction score
You would be moderately surprised at the amount of what people dont know after owning their phones for months...trust me, I deal with it daily...:icon_eek:

I have 6 co-workers who were so impressed with my DX that they had to go out and either "upgrade" their phones to it, or get a new Verizon contract and service so they could get it...and almost daily they come up to me and start a conversation with "hey man, guess what I found out my phone can do...", and invariably, I have to point out that I have been doing that same thing for months...and each of them have had their phones for at least 4 months now.:icon_eek:

My wife even...she has absolutely no clue what all her phone can or cant do...she just wants it to do what it is supposed to do...make calls, do text/pix/vid messaging and occasionally play some games and listen to some music. Her Contact Quick Tasks dont even have pictures added to the Contacts...:)

OP
J

Jedialan

Reaction score
Thanks Muddy, that did the trick. I feel really stupid for not thinking of that to begin with. I guess that comes with the territory once you pass 40!

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Hmmm...dont wanna say "I told ya so"....:rofl3:

Thanks Muddy, that did the trick. I feel really stupid for not thinking of that to begin with. I guess that comes with the territory once you pass 40!

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score

Yeah i guess some people dont know what their phone can do after owning it for a while. I should have known since my dad owns a android phone and keeps asking me how to do this or that after hes had it for over a month.

BodyBagz

Reaction score

Yeah i guess some people dont know what their phone can do after owning it for a while. I should have known since my dad owns a android phone and keeps asking me how to do this or that after hes had it for over a month.
Yeah...its not unusual for people in general to "discover" things that others have known for awhile...especially when dealing with "smart phones"...

No big deal really, we just have to understand that not everyone who has a smart phone, gets as involved with them as we (DF members) do, on a daily basis...:)

Getsome122

Reaction score
Sometimes it still amazes me at some of the things that get posted though.

More over on the DX forums since I dont spend as much time here.

Some people are still learning, and.others.... well.... lol

DX- its like having a different phone every day. Cause i change everything every day...