Problem with data back up.

soccerbeast1000

Reaction score
Idk if this is the right place to post this and im sorry if it isnt. But I was backing up my droid 3 and as it was backing up my data all of a sudden this came up:

error while making a backup image of /data!
/tmp/recovery.log was copied to /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log

I don't know what it means and have no idea how to fix it. If there is anyway to fix it please help. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

doogald

Reaction score
Idk if this is the right place to post this and im sorry if it isnt. But I was backing up my droid 3 and as it was backing up my data all of a sudden this came up:

error while making a backup image of /data!
/tmp/recovery.log was copied to /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log

I don't know what it means and have no idea how to fix it. If there is anyway to fix it please help. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Well, if you look on your SD card, in the /clockworkmod folder, there should be a file called recovery.log. Open that file and see what it says - perhaps there is an error message that explains the problem.

Maybe you didn't have enough space on internal storage to store all of the information in /data?

OP
soccerbeast1000

soccerbeast1000

Reaction score
When I go into the clockworkmod folder the recovery.log isn't a folder and it is un able to be opened

doogald

Reaction score
When I go into the clockworkmod folder the recovery.log isn't a folder and it is un able to be opened

Recovery.log should be a file, not a folder. It should, in fact be a plain text file, that you can open in TextEdit on a Mac, Notepad on Windows, etc.

How much space do you have left in internal storage? You should be able to tell from the phone in settings->storage, under the "internal storage" part of that settings display. It's just a guess on my part that you are running out of space, and that's the error (and may explain why there is nothing readable in the recovery.log file).

OP
soccerbeast1000

soccerbeast1000

Reaction score
I have 3.87 GB left on my internal storage so I don't believe storage is a problem.
When it starts backing up my data it doesn't do anything and then the error comes up. Thanks for the suggestions though