Problem with Cox email

nebbass

Reaction score
I have three email accounts with Cox. Two of the three email accounts continue to reload emails that have been deleted on the phone. I don't know how to stop this from happening. Any help?

GVLBob

Reaction score
I have three email accounts with Cox. Two of the three email accounts continue to reload emails that have been deleted on the phone. I don't know how to stop this from happening. Any help?

Did you set up those two email accounts to delete an email on both the phone AND the server? Sounds like the settings are to delete just on the phone.

Jale

Reaction score
Cox has a problem

My experience is also that Cox has a problem deleting email from their server when told to do so by the settings of anything (Maildroid, Yahoo, etc.) else than a mail program directly attached to their physical network (like Outlook in a home served at a Cox IP address.) It actually works very rarely! Accessing through their browser-based email service does works from everywhere but it's not very practical.

jeffe65

Reaction score
I use Outlook on my home PC, and set it to delete when I open my account(s) from that location. That way I can read them from any device, but it's less confusing to delete them from one location.