Problem with browser lagging when loading last ~15% of webpage

spenceuiuc

Reaction score
I looked around on the forum and couldn't find this problem resolved:

When loading web pages, both my browser (tried stock, Xscope, Opera, etc) seems to lag big time when loading the last ~5- 15% of webpage. It will load the first 85 - 95% page or just a few items on the webpage for another 10 - 30 seconds before the entire page shows up, even when I have full 3G signal. I am currently running Saphire 2.0, but have experienced the issue on several other ROMs. What gives?

Is this a network issue, a phone hardware issue, or a software issue? Has anyone had a similar issue and fixed it?

Thanks for your input!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I looked around on the forum and couldn't find this problem resolved:

When loading web pages, both my browser (tried stock, Xscope, Opera, etc) seems to lag big time when loading the last ~5- 15% of webpage. It will load the first 85 - 95% page or just a few items on the webpage for another 10 - 30 seconds before the entire page shows up, even when I have full 3G signal. I am currently running Saphire 2.0, but have experienced the issue on several other ROMs. What gives?

Is this a network issue, a phone hardware issue, or a software issue? Has anyone had a similar issue and fixed it?

Thanks for your input!

I'll bet this is the first smartphone you've had. If you ever saw how other browsers load on phones like blackberry you wouldn't see this as an issue.

Even on my D2 I see this. Just that last bit kind of hangs. That will probably change with 4G, but in the meantime what you can do is make sure your cache is clean and clear out your cookies like you would any other browser.

Right now it's just not as fast as a computer. Rooting and overclocking may help resolve some of this as well, but I really think it's the 3G.