Problem with Bootstrapper . . .

Melatonin

Reaction score
I rooted my D2 and have superuser, and I wanted to get the newest fission rom. Read all the info, got D2 Bootstrapper, and when I press Bootstrap recovery it says success. But when I press Reboot Recovery, nothing happens.

I really want to try out fission, but I cant get past this part, I re-installed it, restarted on my own, nothing.

What can I try now?

holmes6

Reaction score
Try re-installing bootstrapper. It seems like you may have denied root access to it and saved the answer.
Alternatively you could install from FRM install queue (not sure if this is available in lite?)

bookie

Reaction score
Try re-installing bootstrapper. It seems like you may have denied root access to it and saved the answer.
Alternatively you could install from FRM install queue (not sure if this is available in lite?)

It's in the lite. Fission rom manager is awesome!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
M

Melatonin

Reaction score
Uninstalled Bootstrapper, restarted, re-installed, same issue. Downloaded Fission Rom Manager lite, Followed instructions, pressed install, and nothing happens.

What could the problem be? I have Norton Mobile Security running but that is all.

trook

Reaction score
Did you grant bootstrap su permission? Click on your superuser icon and see if bootstrap is on the list.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
M

Melatonin

Reaction score
When I installed it, I pressed allow. But it is not listed under su. I tried reinstalling again and pressed allow again, nothing, and still not listed. What can I try?

trook

Reaction score
Did you try getting rid of norton? You can always reinstall it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
M

Melatonin

Reaction score
Uninstalled norton, restarted, same problem. Ran Fission Rom manager, got to install queue, pressed install, nothing happens.

Jdroidger

Reaction score
Droid X Bootstrapper fix

This might be a little late for this post but for anyone else:

I had a similar problem - bootstrapper was completely unresponsive. So I followed the advice to uninstall bootstrap, un-root, re-root, install bootstrap then bingo! I'm backed up and ready to play.
dancedroid

jeremywhite77

Reaction score
This might be a little late for this post but for anyone else:

I had a similar problem - bootstrapper was completely unresponsive. So I followed the advice to uninstall bootstrap, un-root, re-root, install bootstrap then bingo! I'm backed up and ready to play.
dancedroid

I also had an issue with this. I was using the one click root method and my droid x said it was rooted but my superuser didn't have rights to the boot area. I re-ran the one click root and it worked the second time and i didn't have to reroot and then unroot. it was quicker. Just thought i would post this incase others run into issues. Hope it helps!!

prowler76

Reaction score
I also had an issue with this. I was using the one click root method and my droid x said it was rooted but my superuser didn't have rights to the boot area. I re-ran the one click root and it worked the second time and i didn't have to reroot and then unroot. it was quicker. Just thought i would post this incase others run into issues. Hope it helps!!

Problem is with super user access.. I had the similar issue.. Updated the super user app, uninstalled bootstrap and re-installed it.. Sure sign for success, when u do this it shd ask for super user access.. It did for me, bingo!! it was able to go into recovery.. Thanks for the post