1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Problem with 3G signal bars when WiFi is enabled (bb v1.1)

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by five5, May 31, 2010.

1. five5

five5 New Member

just switched to v1.1, no real problems yet, but i am concerned that i will miss calls because of this...

When my Wifi is enabled i get 1 bar, and it does not say 3g, even in good receptions areas. When i receive a call my phone jumps to full bars and i have no problem, but as soon as i hang up, boom, 1 bar.

If i disable wifi, my bar jumps full....

Is this to preserve battery, a wacky setting, or a bug?

other than that, after countless hours of messing around with anything, i can say it's perfect.

Thanks for the help in advanced

(1.2GH IV)
  2. xtremecanefan

xtremecanefan New Member

My 3G icon has always disappeared when wifi is enabled, I assume to show that wifi is active. As for the bars I have no idea. Mine stay full when I connect to my wifi at home..

I think you can go to Settings >> About phone >> Status and check the signal strength (I think thats your bars signal) and compare with wifi on and off.
  3. LtKen

LtKen New Member

Yep. Standard behavior for 3G symbols to dissapear when Wifi is working. I wouldn't stress it unless you're having call or fuctionality issues.
  4. five5

five5 New Member

rlly weird, the bars drop, but when i look in the settings>about phone the numbers dont change... probably just reading to much into it, cuz i havent had any dropped calls.
Search tags for this page

bars disappear when wifi on

droid x2

what does 3g bars look like

what does the 3g sign look like