problem while updating Droid

cleone

Reaction score
So, I just got the OTA update for my droid. I went to install it, and left it alone for a while. I came back to it, and the screen has this picture of an exclamation mark inside a triangle, with the little droid logo under it. Its been stuck on this for well over an hour. I can only assume that something unpleasant has happened.

My droid was recently rooted, and i don't know a whole lot about it yet, like whether that would cause my phone to have histrionics if I updated it while rooted. I didn't have any ROMs or modifications or anything.

Any help would be awesome. I'm hoping this is just something stupid I can fix by booting it in recovery or something, but I dont want to accidentally nuke my phone.

View attachment 42827

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So, I just got the OTA update for my droid. I went to install it, and left it alone for a while. I came back to it, and the screen has this picture of an exclamation mark inside a triangle, with the little droid logo under it. Its been stuck on this for well over an hour. I can only assume that something unpleasant has happened.

My droid was recently rooted, and i don't know a whole lot about it yet, like whether that would cause my phone to have histrionics if I updated it while rooted. I didn't have any ROMs or modifications or anything.

Any help would be awesome. I'm hoping this is just something stupid I can fix by booting it in recovery or something, but I dont want to accidentally nuke my phone.

View attachment 42827

I think that means the update did not install correctly. Try pulling the battery and reboot. Once the phone is back up and running try this: manage applications/all/system update/clear cache and I think the update will try to install again.

Good luck.

marleyinoc

Reaction score
which droid? if droid bionic i think it is waiting for a press of volume up and down at same time. but I would wait for troops ro arrive... you may be about to lose root if you're even successful at upgrade (depending on what you've installed)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums