problem while installing froyo?

yang.joonyong

Reaction score
HI,
after i downloading the update, i pressed installl now and the phone shut off and it started doing wat it was supposed to do. after the bar was all filled and finished, it vibrated a little bit and my notification alarm went on but its now stuck at the M sign. The one that shows up when u first turn on the phone. The screen times out and when i press home button or the power button, the screen comes on with just the M sign. I cant even turn it off. What should i do? Just pull out the battery? someone help please!! ><

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HI,
after i downloading the update, i pressed installl now and the phone shut off and it started doing wat it was supposed to do. after the bar was all filled and finished, it vibrated a little bit and my notification alarm went on but its now stuck at the M sign. The one that shows up when u first turn on the phone. The screen times out and when i press home button or the power button, the screen comes on with just the M sign. I cant even turn it off. What should i do? Just pull out the battery? someone help please!! ><

Try pulling the battery. Make sure your phone is charged. If this doesn't work then take it into Verizon, you may have a corrupted file. It happens sometimes on ota updates.

OP
Y

yang.joonyong

Reaction score
thanks! hmm my phone just rang when you replied to this message (gmail push). Can this mean that the update is finished tho?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks! hmm my phone just rang when you replied to this message (gmail push). Can this mean that the update is finished tho?

Well, if the update is finished then check your settings and see if you have 2.2 installed. I thought you said you couldn't get it to boot?

OP
Y

yang.joonyong

Reaction score
hmmm i tried pulling out the battery..but it still wont boot..sigh..stuck at M logo..

OP
Y

yang.joonyong

Reaction score
arghhh dang it hahaha
well, thanks for your help! gonna take it to verizon right NOW
hopefully..they wont give me a refurbished phone..

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
arghhh dang it hahaha
well, thanks for your help! gonna take it to verizon right NOW
hopefully..they wont give me a refurbished phone..

They may be able to manually install it for you. Let them do it.

OP
Y

yang.joonyong

Reaction score
hey! i battery pulled one last time before i went into my car and try turning it on in the car and it worked!! about 5 battery pull fixed it i guess...
but wat im worrying about is that can this problem that i had have caused any issue to froyo? like some feature of froyo not installed, or froyo not COMPLETELY installed??

twb136

Reaction score
Hey,
I don't do anything crazy to my phone. I rooted simply to get rid of bloatware and free tethering.

Before I went to download the update I changed all the files back to .apk and I unrooted. That is pretty much all I thought I would have to do to the phone. I have searched the forums but i do not see anyone else with the message I am getting.....

I download and then choose to install, it shuts down and begins the process only to show the error symbol on start up and the phone then goes through regular start up. I then get the message " ! Message Status: The software update failed!"

Any help would be appreciated. It sounds similar to the problem talked about in this thread.

OP
Y

yang.joonyong

Reaction score
well nobody or nothing was able to fix the problem i had..
verizon is sending me a replacement phone by tmrw
and i dont like refurbished phone..=(
can refurbished phone come with scratches on the screen or the body??
i took care of my droid x really well too..=( =( =( x 100

B

bradb

UPDATE! After a full day of what appeared to be "FREEZING", the Droid X turned on. It appears the "M" logo was a sign the phone was updating, or at least that's what I think. I turned it on today, and a new screen appeared. This update was so large, it must have either gotten fouled up or delayed.

The phone is working MUCH MUCH BETTER.

During the downtime, I must give Verizon a high five. They gave me a temp phone as a courtesy, even though they usually dont. I dropped $500 over the last month on the phone and accessories, so it was nice to see their good fortune.

The phone is working like a champ, although it was misleading and disturbing at first. If you get an M on your screen, it's probably UPDATING! Give it a LOT LOT LOT of time!

Technoman

Reaction score
Nobody knows what they are doing at Motorola. TRASH MERCHANDISE! This is nothing but an experimental phone. Get an I phone when they release on Verizon in December. This is crap! All the battery pulls in the world failed on my droid. AVOID THE DROID!

You do realize that there a lot more of us that do not have ANY problems (some issues that are expected with a new OS) but the update installed as it was supposed to and works good overall. Battery life is better, phone is faster.

If you are so against Droid and want an iPhone, then drop Verizon and go to the worst cell company in the US... AT&T!

B

bradb

More problems with droidx freezing

To date, the FREEZING has started again. I am once again FED UP with Motorola. I wrote them a scathing email.
1) I spend over $600 for the phone an accessories when it came out 2 months ago.
2) The freezing started after their update.
3) I have wasted over 4 hours of my time REPROGRAMMING my 4 email addresses and other various settings when it got reset last time.
4) I missed work on a crucial time (Friday evening) due to a trip to Verizon with the first freeze.
5) The phone will function, then freeze to the Motorola screen. It just happened this morning, and I refuse to reset it. I want action with the corporate office of Motorola. This phone is CRAP, and nothing but experimental.
6) To date, I have a box that was delivered from Verizon with a new Droid. I am taking it to the store and will try this one. After paying over $600, I should have received A NEW DroidX, not a factory "reconditioned" model.
#################
AT THIS MOMENT, I would recommend to everybody: AVOID THE DROID. All you need to do is go into GOOGLE and enter "DROID X FREEZE". This is OBVIOUSLY a problem, and the phone is too unstable. If you use this for business like me, and rely on your emails to come through, DO NOT GET THIS PHONE. It is unacceptable to send an email telling customers to pull out a battery every time it freezes.

This all happened with the software update.