Problem when switching between xscope and other apps

Discussion in 'xScope Mobile' started by kedens, Jun 15, 2010.

1. kedens

kedens New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Whenever I leave xscope to go to another app, sometimes calls, or texts, or the news app and then return to xscope to continue what i was reading or by opening a new link, all of my tabs I had previously had open and loaded have to load all over again.

Why does this happen? it happens regardless of how I leave xscope (back button, home button, home long press for recent apps, etc) and when I return with 5 or 6 tabs open it slows down the one im currently viewing significantly.

I would think if I have opened a page in the browser and it has loaded completely... and go to my home screen for a quick check of say my inbox, and then return to xscope... my page should be just how I had left it...

Is this a common function of this browser, an adjustable setting that seems to have eluded me, or perhaps an uncommon problem?

Any help or explanation is greatly appreciated.

2. rjax

rjax Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Happens to me all the time, and I assume to others. Or maybe other people don't browse this way? Basically, it's Android's supposedly advanced memory management killing the process once it's backgrounded.

Unfortunately, Google doesn't seem to think this is a problem -- see here: https://code.google.com/p/android/i...id&colspec=ID Type Status Owner Summary Stars

So based on that report I linked above, it sounds like this happens to pretty much every browser, although since xScope is all I use, I wouldn't know from personal experience.

3. garysui

garysui Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes.
    Some how it gets worse on Froyo based on my limited experience.
    Android reclaims memory occupied by apps if they are not visible. On pre-froyo, it will not do so unless the memory is really low. With froyo, it gets very aggressive and kills background apps with no mercy. When apps are brought to foreground again, they have load from so called Bundle (not from internet???)

4. drummerq

drummerq Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so is this fixable or is there nothing that can be done???

5. war10ck

war10ck New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Would be no problem to avoid being killed by the memory management but they don't so it is an xscope bug. The most anoying one in my oppinion.

If tabs would just be restored from the cache instead of downloading them again it wouldn't even matter if the app was closed in the background.