Problem when I restore nandroid backup; new ROM gets overwritten by old

AndyR83

Reaction score
Hello, I am trying to change from Kangeraid to Bugless Beast. I installed a Chevy001 kernel (the standard voltage 1200mhz) and then the new ROM (via the update.zip method.)

When I reboot before restoring data, I see the new rom. When I restore data (even when data is the only thing I check off on the restore list) I get my contacts and messages back, but I also get Kangeraid rom back. Is there something I can do to get the new rom to work and also my contacts/messages/calllogs/apps etc?

Thanks.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I use Titanium Backup. That backs up my app data. MyBackup Pro most likely does the same thing. There also is an app to back up your text messages, SMS Backup. Your contacts are stored in your gmail account so those don't get lost.

I've never tried to save data from a nandroid backup to restore. I always do an full nandroid backup.

I also think you want to install the new rom first, then the kernel.

So restore your kangeraid fully, do a backup with titanium or other tool, flash the new rom, restore from titanium or other tools, make another nandroid backup, flash the kernel, if it works out then make one final nandroid backup.