Problem w/ New Mail Icon in Notification Bar

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jprebb, Oct 4, 2010.

1. jprebb

jprebb New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When 2.2 was released, I had to find a solution to the new exchange security implementation because the PIN requirement was ruining the use of my Droid. So I rooted and installed a modded email.apk and all was good.

The phone died and now I have a new Droid and I rooted this one as well and installed an updated, modded email.apk and ever since my new mail icon that appears in the notification bar has changed to an upright rectangle.

Does anyone know where the email icon png is located that appears on the notification bar? Below is a screen shot so you can see what I'm talking about...that icon is my new mail icon! Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Ratings:
    +33
    First of all Welcome to the Forums. I am going to bump this so that it does not get lost in the list. I have not seen that icon but hopefully someone else has and this bump will get their attention.

3. neilrl79

neilrl79 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    If your you're looking to fix/change the icon you can do it by using Ninjamorph(free in market). It's easy to use, just find the email app your using and select it. The icon itself will be located in res/drawable-hdpi. it should be called "stat_notify_email" or something similar.

You can use this icon if you don't already have one to put in.

Attached Files:

4. jprebb

jprebb New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks! Happy to be here!

Ok...I copied the email.apk from my phone over to my computer and I found the stat_notify_email_generic.png and it appears to be the correct image:
    [​IMG]

I also found what appeared to be the icon that is showing up as the new email icon in the notification bar, called text_box.9.png:
    [​IMG]

I tried replacing the image in text_box.9.png with the image in stat_notify_email_generic and I was still getting the text_box.9.png image when new mail arrived.

This kinda leads me to believe that the new email icon showing up on the notification bar doesn't reside in the email.apk. Can anyone else confirm this?

Or better yet, can anyone else offer a suggestion as to what to try next?

Thanks in advance,

JP

5. neilrl79

neilrl79 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I personally use Gmail and have on several occasions changed the stat_notify_email.png successfully in the gmail.apk, so I'm not sure what's causing your trouble. What email app are you using?

6. jprebb

jprebb New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using the standard exchange email client...nothing more, nothing less.

JP

Search tags for this page

change email icon that shows notifications android

contact w-forum.jp loc:us

droid mail icon did not notify

mail w-forum jp loc:us

mail w-forum.jp loc:us