Problem uninstalling Advanced Task Killer Free

monkeymynd

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just uninstalled Advanced Task Killer Free. The problem is, there is now a notification that won't go away. It just says 'Advanced Task Killer Free' with an icon that looks like a bomb. The 'clear' button doesn't take it away...nor does a reset of my phone.

Any suggestions, it's really quite annoying to have it there and I wonder what else may be lurking in the background.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Are you sure you uninstalled it and not just deleted the icon?

Did you go to settings>applications>manage applications and delete ATK from there?

Once deleted there should be any "ad" behind.

OP
M

monkeymynd

Reaction score
Are you sure you uninstalled it and not just deleted the icon?

Did you go to settings>applications>manage applications and delete ATK from there?

Once deleted there should be any "ad" behind.

I deleted it using Apps Organizer, which I think just calls the same uninstall routine. I've used for all of my other uninstalls and never had a problem. When I go back in, the program is no longer there. Also, when I go into settings>applications>manage applications, it is not listed there either. I then went into the running processes and don't see it there either. Weird, huh?

Is there somewhere on the directory structure I can look to see if they left something behind.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
try re-installing it - turning off the notification in the preferences, and then uninstall it again.

OP
M

monkeymynd

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea GolfPro...I'll give it a shot.

OP
M

monkeymynd

Reaction score
Just an update...the problem didn't have anything to do with ATK. The issue was that I had been testing an app called Bar Control. It allows you to put apps in your notification bar and run them from there. I had forgotten that I put ATK in there w/ that bomb icon as a test. I had killed Bar Control, and upon restarting my phone it auto launched. Took me a while to figure out what the heck kept putting that message in the notifications :)

Thanks for the help. Btw, ATK is a great app, especially for free. I just decided to go with another task killer w/ a bit more functionality.