1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Problem transferring files (music) to the SD card...

Discussion in 'Casio G'zOne Commando' started by 1324, Sep 18, 2011.

1. 1324

1324 New Member

Not sure if this is the best place to post this question, but what the heck. Here goes.

Trying to put music files on my 32GB SD card and am having some very frustrating problems. In the device's defense, I am trying to transfer 22 GB of data...but anyway, the issue is that files start to transfer but about 10-15 minutes into the transfer, the SD card becomes unavailable and the transfer stops. From that point on, I can't even see the card from the phone. I need to do a reboot just to see the files/apps on the card.

Right now I'm transferring the files directly to the card through a card reader, but this is a PITA that I won't be doing often. Aside from the hassle, I'd rather not pop the rear cover, battery, and SD card for fear of wearing out those connections. I tried using Samba, but the device needs to be rooted before that can work. I'd like to root, but having these problems is reducing my confidence in the device. I have a sneaking suspicion I might need that warranty...

Has anyone had this issue? Does it sound like a phone issue? Android glitch? Something else?
  2. AirJunky

AirJunky New Member

Your using Windows? Your sure it's not just a size limitation of the memory card? Typically they come formated with fat32 & need to be converted to NTFS to use the full amount of space on it.

convert S: /FS:NTFS /X
    Where S: is whatever the drive letter that is assigned to your drive. Using this command, you don't even have to reformat the drive.
  3. chaosnyx

chaosnyx New Member

It sounds like the data is being backed up. Whenever I transfer large amounts of data to my sd card I use my USB adaptor and connect my sd card directly to the computer. Ive never had this problem though.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  4. 1324

1324 New Member

Thanks for the help guys, I'll check this out when I get home. When I initially installed the SD card, it showed the 'full' capacity of 31.X GB, so I don't think it is a size issue. I don't think it is a card issue, either, but I haven't completely ruled that out. More to follow tonight.
  5. chaosnyx

chaosnyx New Member

And when I mean USB I mean a flash drive adapter for micro sd cards. Not the charging cord lol:). Goodluck!

6. AirJunky

AirJunky New Member

Fat32 has a 2 gb limit. It will show the full size, but won't utilize the space. Every USB thumbdrive or SD card I've ever bought came formated with Fat32 & had to be converted to NTFS in order for Windows to use the whole thing.

I'd bet that Android has a better way of handling it.
  7. chaosnyx

chaosnyx New Member

I've never had a problem transferring anything from my computer to my phone via my USB adapter.

8. 1324

1324 New Member

Well, some updates...and my patience is thinner than ever. I managed to load all of my music files to the SD card with my adapter hooked up directly to my PC. Took a while, but I eventually got all 21 GB on. I installed the card in the phone, powered it up, hooked up the USB cable to verify the files were there and all was well. Good. I then used the phone's music player to look for the music. Lo and behold, I can only see artists A through B...literally only a fraction of what I put on there. It is like my phone can't see the files. Multiple reboots don't improve things. What gives? I've already spent too much time on this. My Blackberry and wife's iPhone don't have these issues...argh!

Also, whenever I hook the phone up to the computer, I get a 'Scan and Fix' message...

About the FAT32/NTFS formatting, I'm thinking this might be the problem. Checking the size of the files that ARE 'visible' shows 1.9GB. So how come Windows can see these files, but Android can't? How do I go about changing the format type?
  9. AirJunky

AirJunky New Member

Already told you. Look up above. It's a command line.

Same thing happens with my Ipod Touch & my wife's DroidX too.
  10. 1324

1324 New Member

Indeed. Unfortunately, converting didn't work for me. The end result was the card being wiped clean and the formatting remaining FAT32. I'm in the process of reformatting the blank disc now..but it is taking FOREVER. I hope this works.
  11. AirJunky

AirJunky New Member

12. 1324

1324 New Member

I suspect the SD card is bad. I tried several ways to format the drive, but none work. One way took about an hour, the other two took a few minutes. All returned an error message and wouldn't format. Suffice it to say, the 32GB card is going back.
Search tags for this page

casio commando how to move pictures to sd card

casio commando move pictures to sd card

casio commando music transfer

commando moving photos from

commando phone by verizon, moving files to microsd

help read music on sd card on a casio g's one

how to import music from d card to gz one

how to move apps to sd card on gzone

how to move pictures to sd card on casio commando

how to move stuff to the sd card on a casio commando gz1

how to put a microsd in my casio