Problem Think Tank: Sensors Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

currentweb

Reaction score
Well, NYC is in sight from the right hills.
Keep fighting you guys. I wish I could help, but I don't know how to do anything like this. I understand the lingo, but applying it is pretty different :)
Here's hoping Angdroid comes back from his engagement/honeymoon/hiatus ready to help us out!

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
droidtwoglobalgetrdonedevteam.webs.com
Thanks Bob! That actually might be useful info! Maybe I can isolate radio related frameworks...I've been looking into sensor and gesture related framework files...maybe I've been headed down the wrong rabbit trail.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If you need any further testing just pm me...... currently on fission because i use my phone in the dark too much not to have the backlit keypad, otherwise id be running liberty still. Cant really do anything but test but im always willing. Recently installed ubuntu 10.10 to help familiarize myself with linux and its helping some but its slow.

Sent from my Fissioned D2G

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
Wow look what you guys have been doing lately?dancedroid
Yea I feel like I've been gone for a minute and hadn't checked this site for months!!!! :r_c:
Well anyways to the point "great job fellas", taking my sorry azz back to school to learn more indepth about this "Andy the android guy, so one day I might be able to help good people like yourselves out more and/or make some mad money in comparison to what I make now.:D
I will test anything you throw at me for the time being cause I'll be headed back to work from my lay-off and my D1 is the perfect work phone

metallicamaster3

Reaction score
Just a quick thought - what if we made it so that the keyboard light would go on when the screen was slid open to reveal the keyboard?

As a temporary fix until the ambient sensors are working?

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
This will make me sound like an incompetent "dev"...but, I've tried to enable the lights to be on when the screen is on, in build.prop, but it doesn't work. If you know how, let me know and I'll enable it.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
When I mentioned something like that before you said that it was tied to the sensors so I think its linked into the sensors file.

Just a thought and I don't know if it would even be possible, could you maybe do the opposite and disable the rest of the sensors except for whichever controls the keypad lights?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
Well the lights are tied to sensors, in that they only come on when the phone sees that its dark, but maybe we can force them on somehow...maybe. I've seen build.prop edits that turn the button lights on when the screen is on, its for the X, I think, don't know if it's possible on the D2G.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

s24txgc

Reaction score
hey i have a d2g and i used d2 bootstrapper to back up my stock rom and to put a custom rom on it (squidly) and the place i got the rom from said i needed to install a d2g romer which i did and it was fine then it said i needed to install something that disabled sensors so i did and it boots up then i get to the screen where it tells u to touch the android to start and when i touch it it doesnt respond... im kinda screwed, anyone know what to do?

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
Sometimes it takes that screen awhile to respond...but it shouldn't take that long. Have you tried sliding out the keyboard, or tapping the power to dim and then wake the screen?

If you tap the four corners of the screen (around the android), starting at the upper left and going clockwise.

1______2

4______3

Might be worth pulling the battery, waiting for a minute or two, putting the battery in and powering up. Might get you to clockwork recovery which is at least better than SBFing (which isn't necessarily that bad).

I'm pretty sure your issue isn't sensor related. As far as I know, the sensors control the automatic dimming of the screen, auto rotation, compass and accelerometer functions but not the touch screen.

Good luck.

s24txgc

Reaction score
i tried the recovery where u press x when u turn on the power button and that didnt help me, is there a way to pull up the droid 2 bootstrap recovery without pulling up the app, also i could use the apply sd card:update.zip thing but idk how to do that? definatly need help

Status
Not open for further replies.