Problem syncing with Media Player

Metropolis

Reaction score
All songs transfer, but only a small percentage of album art and other data such as artist name transfer. Any suggestions? Thanks.

birbeck

Reaction score
You can give Cover Art Downloader a try, do a search for it in the market, but it will work best (and the overall experience of your music on Android will be better) if you have the artist info tagged in your music. If you are missing artist info, try Musicbrainz Picard on your pc, mac or linux before copying it to your phone. What format is your music in? MP3, OGG, AAC, MP4, WMA?

OP
M

Metropolis

Reaction score
Format and Cover Art

I have all the art downloaded into Media Player. When I sync, a small percentage of it transfers. I also have all the data such as artist in Media Player, and again only some transfers, the rest lists unknown. Oddly enough, all the song titles transfer just fine, but I like to search and play by artist and album because I don't know the song names by memory.

I am using WMA format, best quality.

thanks for helping.

Jim

OP
M

Metropolis

Reaction score
Upon Further Thought

Birback, I think you are on to something. Now that I think of it, the few albums that trasferred correctly with all data and cover art are the ones that are not in WMA format. Could it be I should use a different format? If so, what is your suggestion? Thanks again.

OP
M

Metropolis

Reaction score
it's working now

I rip into mp3 format, then just copy files into music folder and everything transfers. thanks for the tip about checking my format.

heyandy889

Reaction score
Anyone know if the Droid X can play .cda songs? I've tried .m4a and those work great. Album art downloader sounds cool. I love the cover art. :-D