Problem solved?

cutiedroid

Reaction score
A few weeks back I left a post about apps halting with a question of waiting on the app or closing it. It made it difficult starting several different apps and really slowed down my phone. For a while I was using "Assistant", the Android "Siri" equivalent. Since unloading Assistant I'm not getting that wait or close message hardly comes up any more. Has anyone else concluded that Assistant is a problem app?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
A few weeks back I left a post about apps halting with a question of waiting on the app or closing it. It made it difficult starting several different apps and really slowed down my phone. For a while I was using "Assistant", the Android "Siri" equivalent. Since unloading Assistant I'm not getting that wait or close message hardly comes up any more. Has anyone else concluded that Assistant is a problem app?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

You know, I've been getting this error a lot, too...if I understand you, correctly. Is this, "'App Name' is misbehaving. Close it? Wait/Close" or something like that? If this is what you're talking about, I'm wondering...for me, if it's because I have apps installed to my Internal Storage vs my phone or what. I'd posted a thread about my defaults resetting each time I reboot my phone, and I get asked what (which launcher, which browser, vehicle dock...etc.) to use each time. To fix this, I moved all of my apps which were set as defaults back to my phone. It think that did the trick. I'm wondering if it's something similar for Assistant.

I'm also constantly getting low memory on my phone. I think this is due to only having 1 GB of RAM on the MAXX. The new MAXX to be released next month has double the RAM, but who knows how much more bloatware it'll have on it, as well...but a lot us know how how to fix THAT problem. :D Maybe your issues have to do with low RAM? I have no idea. Just throwing ideas out there.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering it is a problem with specific phone hardware or Android version. I have Assistant on an SGS3 - SGS4 and LG Optimus G Pro and not a bit of a problem on any of the 3.

wendee2150

Reaction score
I don't have the assistant app on my phone and I have the "X app is not working would you like to close it" message all day, every day. Makes me crazy, and wonder if I wouldn't be happier with an S4 or IPhone.