Problem putting a new ROM on my Droid X

n3wtonfire

Reaction score
Ok, so I Tried putting a new ROM on my phone and I think I did something wrong. I was using the ROM Manager app from the market to put on a new ROM, the current ROM I had was Darkslide. So I thought everything was going fine but when I got done from flashing the ROM and supposedly putting the new ROM on everything went back to stock but it still seemed to have Darkslide on it. So I went to re download and try again but I noticed a lot of apps had been I guess turned off, one of them being the market. So I don't really know what to do.

I want to unroot my phone and just go back to stock to be safe but I don't really know how to do it without using the market.

Does anyone know how to unroot a Droid X through a PC or how to get the market back?

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was using the ROM Manager app from the market to put on a new ROM, the current ROM I had was Darkslide.

Well that is what you did wrong ROM manager is for the OG Droid....you need Droid X Boostrap.

As for returning to stock you can, and depending on how you rooted going back should be easy there too.....

Best bet would be to SBF and start over IMO.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I was using the ROM Manager app from the market to put on a new ROM, the current ROM I had was Darkslide.

Well that is what you did wrong ROM manager is for the OG Droid....you need Droid X Boostrap.

As for returning to stock you can, and depending on how you rooted going back should be easy there too.....

Best bet would be to SBF and start over IMO.

Most of this is true except one thing. ROM manager is supported for ALL phones, not just the OG droid.....

Agree with sbf though.

Sent from a D2G running my rom

leonozug

Reaction score
The X doesn't lke Rom Manager very much. Your asking for trouble using it. Pretty much anyone Romming with a DX uses DX Bootstrap. With the Gingerbread builds, use the D2 Bootstrap. Read up on this stuff, cause you can brick a DX pretty easily compared to a OG Droid.