Problem: Phone wiped while rooting T_T

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by nohm, Dec 28, 2010.

1. nohm

nohm New Member

Hey Everyone,

I need major help!

My phone data got completely WIPED during the process of following the root instructions in this link. I completed the rooting process, but once my phone rebooted normally, it asked me to reactivate my phone. Once I reactivated it and was taken to the home screen, I noticed that the phone was wiped and all my apps and settings were gone!

Is there a way to recover my data? I went back to SPRecovery and looked through the Nandroid menus, but there are no backups there that I could restore :(

Am I just screwed and I have to start over again? Please let me know asap before I go messing around with the phone again
  2. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

That process shouldn't have wiped your data. In sprecovery did you wipe data or cache? But sad to say, it is gone either way. Your apps should have auto restored, and all your contacts as well.

Sent from somewhere...
  3. nohm

nohm New Member

:(

The data I care about the most are my text messages (from Handcent). Does Handcent save them on the internal, or could they be on my sd card somewhere?
  4. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

It will save them if you set it up too. It has a backup feature, but you have to set it up. I use sms backup and do a backup every now and then. As it stands now they are gone.

Sent from somewhere...