Problem opening PDF documents

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matth3w

EDIT: I started a bigger "official thread" on this subject, don't reply here anymore (if you get to this thread via searching): http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...tachment-cannot-displayed-pop-imap-email.html

Some PDFs open, but some as attachments it says "This attachment cannot be displayed."

Any idea why?

This is clearly a problem that many people are having, not just me. But I can't find a single solution on Google, aside from saving it and resending it to myself (something you can't do if you get a document on the road). I travel a ton and this is really important to me.

Also, I can't stress enough that while I am using Documents to Go (Full) it doesn't matter what program you use it seems (from my results on Google).
---

PS - I originally had this thread in the Droid problems section because I didn't see this section at the time. Hopefully it will get more traffic here.

Last edited by a moderator:

allikanbe

Reaction score
Some PDFs open, but some as attachments it says "This attachment cannot be displayed."

Any idea why?

This is clearly a problem that many people are having, not just me. But I can't find a single solution on Google, aside from saving it and resending it to myself (something you can't do if you get a document on the road). I travel a ton and this is really important to me.

Also, I can't stress enough that while I am using Documents to Go (Full) it doesn't matter what program you use it seems (from my results on Google).
---

PS - I originally had this thread in the Droid problems section because I didn't see this section at the time. Hopefully it will get more traffic here.

I have docs to go (full) and don't have a problem opening pdfs. i used to have the same problem that you mentioned before i got the full version.
I just checked again with a pdf that was sent to me today. it opens with doc to go.
maybe you just need to uninstall and reinstall doc to go?

trevorparsons

Reaction score
You could try downloading Beam Reader app -- only job is to open/display PDFs. Works just fine for me.

You sure it's not the specific PDF files that might be corrupt?

OP
M

Matth3w

Any idea why?

---

I have docs to go (full) and don't have a problem opening pdfs. i used to have the same problem that you mentioned before i got the full version.
I just checked again with a pdf that was sent to me today. it opens with doc to go.
maybe you just need to uninstall and reinstall doc to go?

You could try downloading Beam Reader app -- only job is to open/display PDFs. Works just fine for me.

You sure it's not the specific PDF files that might be corrupt?
No it has nothing to do with the app, as I said.

According to Google search results if the PDF is automatically generated or is surrounded by << *.PDF >> in the attachment this causes the problem.

Just because you opened up some random PDF file in D2G doesn't mean it needs re-installed. I have plenty of PDF files that will open just fine, or open if I save them to the hard drive then send them to myself. But when the Department of Defense travel agency generates a PDF and sends it, it comes in << >> format and won't open.

It's not a problem with the document itself because I can take the same document and send it to myself without modifying it, and eliminating the << >> and it works.

Last edited by a moderator:

Falcons75

Reaction score
I'm also having a problem opening some PDF files from my Moto Droid. All of them are coming in on my corporate exchange account. I have run a test and PDF's that I send to myself seem to work fine, the ones that wont open are scanned documents from our Globalscan on our Ricoh copy/fax/print/scan devices. Anyone have any ideas what the cause could be?

OP
M

Matth3w

See the link in the first post to the offic@ial thread I made

Status
Not open for further replies.