Problem opening PDF documents

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by Matth3w, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    EDIT: I started a bigger "official thread" on this subject, don't reply here anymore (if you get to this thread via searching): http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...tachment-cannot-displayed-pop-imap-email.html

Some PDFs open, but some as attachments it says "This attachment cannot be displayed."

Any idea why?

This is clearly a problem that many people are having, not just me. But I can't find a single solution on Google, aside from saving it and resending it to myself (something you can't do if you get a document on the road). I travel a ton and this is really important to me.

Also, I can't stress enough that while I am using Documents to Go (Full) it doesn't matter what program you use it seems (from my results on Google).
    ---

PS - I originally had this thread in the Droid problems section because I didn't see this section at the time. Hopefully it will get more traffic here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2010
  2. allikanbe

allikanbe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have docs to go (full) and don't have a problem opening pdfs. i used to have the same problem that you mentioned before i got the full version.
    I just checked again with a pdf that was sent to me today. it opens with doc to go.
    maybe you just need to uninstall and reinstall doc to go?

3. trevorparsons

trevorparsons New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You could try downloading Beam Reader app -- only job is to open/display PDFs. Works just fine for me.

You sure it's not the specific PDF files that might be corrupt?

4. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    No it has nothing to do with the app, as I said.

According to Google search results if the PDF is automatically generated or is surrounded by << *.PDF >> in the attachment this causes the problem.

Just because you opened up some random PDF file in D2G doesn't mean it needs re-installed. I have plenty of PDF files that will open just fine, or open if I save them to the hard drive then send them to myself. But when the Department of Defense travel agency generates a PDF and sends it, it comes in << >> format and won't open.

It's not a problem with the document itself because I can take the same document and send it to myself without modifying it, and eliminating the << >> and it works.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2010
  5. Falcons75

Falcons75 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm also having a problem opening some PDF files from my Moto Droid. All of them are coming in on my corporate exchange account. I have run a test and PDF's that I send to myself seem to work fine, the ones that wont open are scanned documents from our Globalscan on our Ricoh copy/fax/print/scan devices. Anyone have any ideas what the cause could be?

6. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    See the link in the first post to the offic@ial thread I made

7. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +17
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page