Problem mounting SD card to PC

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by mercm3, Mar 31, 2011.

1. mercm3

mercm3 New Member

I think it started in 5.1(currently on 5.2 with patches) but I have not been able to mount my SD to any PC. It always seems to reboot the phone. Oddly though the reboot time seems much quicker then a normal reboot. I've searched this forum but haven't been able to find anything, I assume I'm doing something wrong since I figure mounting the SD card and transferring files is a pretty common use case for users. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
  2. jibbajabbah

jibbajabbah New Member

Definitely not just you...worse yet, I think this bug is even nastier...I'm on 5.2 and after attempting to mount the SD to PC, I don't personally get a reboot, but the screen simply flashes and takes me back to my homescreen...not so bad at first I thought, "Fine, I'll just power down and remove my SD card and insert it into my computer the old fashion way to add some new music and what not..." well, lo and behold, my 16 gig micro sd card is now write protected, so I can't add new files, I can't reformat, I can't check for errors, I can't do anything...and before anybody asks, NO, my card adapter is NOT in the locked position...

after that, I figured I'd try and duplicate the error with a spare 1 gig micro sd I had laying around, so I inserted it into the phone, powered up, went into settings, formatted, remounted the card, then hooked up my usb to attempt to transfer files; sure enough the screen flashed and went back to my homescreen...after removing the sd card and sticking it directly into computer again, what do I have...but ANOTHER write protected micro sd card that I can't reformat and I have no way to remove said write protection...

anybody else have any experience with this error or ANY solution to fixing it? or did my 16 gig card really just get borked beyond repair by 5.2?
Search tags for this page

sd card repairby