Problem Logging Into Accounts w/ Droid X2

jcl6543

Reaction score
I can't figure this out:

When I got to add an account on my Smartphone such as Yahoo Mail Account and I type in my username and then my password I constantly get a "Login to the account failed, please try again." message.

I went slow...typed my password EXACTLY the same way I do on a PC and typed it ACCURATELY a half dozen times, double and triple-checked it and it still comes up with the error.

I also noticed my bank's website, same thing...password typed exactly and it says it's wrong.

Anyone else have a similar issue?

Thanks.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
verizon 3g or wifi?
it maybe a connection issue

rooted/rom?

xChowderrrx

Reaction score
I'm having this same exact issue. Been messing around with my old Droid X and X2 for years now and I've never seen it before. I was running CM10 and sbf'd back to 2.3.4 because I was having problems with CM10 and decided to try another ROM. When I did and tried to apply the 2.3.5 418 OTA update and it kept giving me an asset error and then I noticed it wouldn't allow me to log into google. I've wiped my data several times before and after sbf'ing, wiped my cache, sbf'd back to 2.3.4 several times, sbf'd to 2.3.5, tried with wifi on and off, but to no avail. I can sign into google using the exact same credentials I would use to add the account through Android and it works perfect in the browser, but no matter what I factor I change it won't let me sign in to google and it's really pissing me off. Also, I tried it with and without root on 2.3.4 and without root on 2.3.5.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
are you using 2 step authentication?
if so sometimes I have to use a Application specific password
if not can you open a new account?

xChowderrrx

Reaction score
Worked fantastically. Such an easy process...of course. Thank you so much Mib!