Problem I've never heard of

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by aggiechase37, Jul 8, 2011.

1. aggiechase37

aggiechase37 New Member

Unexpected problem. Just got the new droid 3. Thought I would be slick and take the micro sd card out of the of OG and put it in the new phone. I was rooted with clockwork recovery and Pete's gpa15. Well now it seems my old friend won't boot up with no sd card in. had anyone every run into this? Anyone know what I need to do? I wanted to do a fresh install of gpa15 and give my old friend to my mom. Hoping my phone isn't bricked. Help!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  2. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

There should be no reason why the phone wouldn't boot up. Problems can occur once booted up, apps having limited to no functionality due to requiring an SD card or apps that have been moved to the sd card will have issues. But neither of those should stop you from your phone booting.

What exactly happens. Does it bootloop? Does the screen just not turn on? What happens if you put the SD card back in the OG? Can you get into recovery manually? How about the bootloader?
  3. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

+1

This thread has been Thunder struck!!
  4. aggiechase37

aggiechase37 New Member

Well, I'm not sure. I haven't fiddled with it since (I had a shiny new toy) but I am definitely going to have to get it going because I got my mom all psyched up about the Droid. Would hate to have to tell her it's bricked. Trying to ween her into the wonderful world of Android. I will try some tricks this weekend and report back.